HybridZ

The last goodbye (couple pics of the old and the new)

Guest bastaad525

Guest bastaad525

Just thought I'd share... had to annoy the new owner by making him wait while I tried to coax my camera into taking a decent night time photograph. Something it NEVER wants to do. So... please excuse the dark and bad quality images, but (out of like 15 shots I took) they are all I have (that are actually halfway decent) :(

635763_45_full.jpg

635763_46_full.jpg

In order to take nighttime pics...

you need to turn the flash OFF... keep the camera super still (ie use a tripod) .. and have a long shutter speed... the long shutter speed allows more light to enter the camera, which you give you a clear night shot

4313503352.jpg

4313542829.jpg

4313544937.jpg

I took this pic of my buddies while I was in Arlington Texas a few weeks ago

when I wreck this Z..... I am going to build one from the ground up for an LS2 and a Tube frame....... :evil: I just need some poor fool to rear-end me...... and then ill have money and a parts car :evil: or someone to pull out infront of me again at the mall like last night... WTF DO PEOPLE NOT UNDERSTAND ABOUT THAT LANE HAS NO STOP SIGN???????????????????!!!!!!!?!?!? ::hulkout:: GRRRRRRRRR I ought to just cream the next person that gets in my way.....

Guest bastaad525

why you guys wanna kick a man when he's down?? Trust me, I have, and will, kick myself PLENTY over this whole thing... several times daily, I assure you. I don't need any help!

there were too many logical reasons to sell, and whatever reasons there were to keep it, were all almost purely emotional. Logic usually has to win out... I had to progress... I had to move on... that money is turning into a few much better things: a new, nicer, larger place to live, some new furniture to replace our badly aged furniture, and a new fuel efficient and reliable car for my wife who very soon will be driving approximately ~110 miles daily to and from work. Without selling the Z none of those things could have been done at least not now and definatley not all at once.

There will, for the forseeable future anyways, always be some great hybrid Z's out there for sale, nicer, more complete than mine was ever going to be, yet I can pick them up for roughly the same cost. My wife knows and understands that when things settle down, and we get a large sum of money together (a couple years worth of tax refunds saved, for instance), that I will buy another one.

So this is just a break for me... in the meantime, much as some of you hate FWD, the SRT-4 is a friggin awesome car, and getting better with every little mod I throw on it. It's obviously not as fast as the Z since they both have the same amount of power but the Z had ~500 less lbs to carry... BUT, the Z was hard as hell to launch because of how much torque it made, the SRT actually isn't all that hard to launch... I bet I could drive the SRT to a faster time than I ever could have driven the Z to. Overall it is more fun than the Z in a lot of ways, feels like it is much more solid and handles much better, stops 50,000 times better, and the seats just HOLD me in, so I have more courage to really push it.

I already do feel a bit better about letting it go, my wife is back to the safety of parking inside again which I'm very happy about, and I know the car is being driven now, and that guy is going to pick up where I left off and really do the car justice. In the end, he told me if he ever sells, I'm first on his call list. So it may even come back to me.

so... don't kick me!! :mrgreen:

...a new fuel efficient and reliable car for my wife who very soon will be driving approximately ~110 miles daily to and from work.

How about an economical 4 cylinder car?

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/car/134248840.html

It's only a 2.0 litre engine, and it has a turbocharger for efficient scavenging of more power. Your wife will love you for giving her the SRT-4 after you get this. ;)