HybridZ

Buying an 83Zxt parts car

Nissan-Fan

I bought an 81 AND an 82 N/A ZXs for $375. For parts. The 81 was run into a ditch and bent the frame, but the motor RUNS- $100. If you are patient and do your homework, you can find goood deals.

[edit] these were from different sellers.

Anyone need parts?

Guest beandip

A friend of mine just bought a '82 NA manual for $500.00 . The engine is in great shape compression 180 on all but one it was178 . The engine oil was clean same with the trans . car was stright and he was able to sell off stuff he dident want for $300 . He kept the 5 speed and the diff as well as the engine . Also he kept the rear calipers and computer in the event he wishes to keep injection for his 240 install . He also traided the front struts for a 4 speed auto from a Maxima for a drag Zcar. Some times these are good to pick up when the price is right and the parts are good. A engine that hasen't been run for 12 yrs has major issues. Remember when the engine is setting, two valves are open and moisture is seeping in to the engine . not good. If you are looking for a engine to rebuild that is a different matter. Free is a vary good price !

Guest bastaad525

I've learned this lesson myself the hard way... a motor that's been sitting for 12 years is gonna have some problems.

Any fuel in the system and fuel tank will have turned to varnish. DON'T try to run the motor or this stuff will get into the head, the valves, into everything. It's a real quick way to force an engine rebuild. Figure on the engine having other issues too, probably some leaks or something.

personally... if it's been sitting that long, I'd avoid it, because chances are it's gonna need a lot of work to get it running right. There are good deals to be had out there, better ones that wont involve all the headaches.

I spent $400 on a very rusty and nasty looking 81, but it had a good motor with about 100k miles on it. Judging by the plates, it had sat for at least 7 years before I picked it up. So far the motor runs like a champ, I haven't bothered opening it up yet.