HybridZ

rb25 transmission

herbal

ok when i got my front clip it came with an auto tranny. the comapny i tried to order it from told me to contract mid jan. to see if they had recived and manual trannys. they told me they had a tranny and have not responded to any inquires that i have made sence then. thans was a bout a month ago. my question is were can i find just a manualtranny for a rb25?

Not to confuse anybody or anything but I remember reading a long time ago that the Rb25 5sp tranny was same as the 300zxtt tranny. I am not a 100% sure on this but thought I'd throw it up anyways.

EL

Not to confuse anybody or anything but I remember reading a long time ago that the Rb25 5sp tranny was same as the 300zxtt tranny. I am not a 100% sure on this but thought I'd throw it up anyways.

EL

Totally different...

You can use a RB20DET tranny though, but they don't hold as much power.

EL

What you probably heard was that they are the same trans (RB25det & Z32DETT) internally...

Like 240z says though, completely different, bellhousing and tail piece.

What you probably heard was that they are the same trans (RB25det & Z32DETT) internally...

Like 240z says though' date=' completely different, bellhousing and tail piece.[/quote']

Sorry about the confusion guys, and now that I think about it, that was what I was told about them internally being the same. I just mixed it up. On a side note the rb20 tranny is internally same as the sr20 and ka24 trannys from past research, and from research on Zilvia.net and fresh alloy.com it was a general consensus that it can only hold about 400hp for drag racing purposes.

eL

RB25 manuals are hard to get here aswell so what I did was get a 300zxtt and a GTR box and had a shop swap bellhousings, cost $80. The internals are the same between all three of these except some different ratios. The GTR box came with my RB26 and I got the 300 box cheap so this was easy for me, but here in aus a GTR box sells for around $500 and a 300zxtt box around $1000 and an RB25 box is around $1500 so the price is simillar anyway and you have a spare set of internals. The shifter is a little further back on the 300zxtt box than the RB25 but that suited my car better anyway.

RB25 manuals are hard to get here aswell so what I did was get a 300zxtt and a GTR box and had a shop swap bellhousings, cost $80. The internals are the same between all three of these except some different ratios. The GTR box came with my RB26 and I got the 300 box cheap so this was easy for me, but here in aus a GTR box sells for around $500 and a 300zxtt box around $1000 and an RB25 box is around $1500 so the price is simillar anyway and you have a spare set of internals. The shifter is a little further back on the 300zxtt box than the RB25 but that suited my car better anyway.

Never thought of that, but that sounds like a super cool idea.