HybridZ

Not rice; Pasta

DAW

I couldn't pass this up. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=8038082346&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT If it will fit in a Zcar, or one of my 510's, I'll put it there. If not, it'll be spare parts for my '87 Biturbo Spyder (efi), which has only 30-some Kmiles on it and not in need of anything but I figured when opportunity knocks...I'd hate to be seriously in need of a trans, head, piston, etc., because I'd never find one for what I paid for this engine/trans assy.

If I transplant this, (it could also potentially go into my Euro MB 230CE), I'd just get it running with the blow-through Weber-in-a-box set up and then convert it to e.f.i. I recently bought a spare ECU for my Biturbo on EBay just to have it on hand, so I've got a start on the efi already.

The Maserati is a PITA to work on but it's a labor of love and I appreciate the technology and the art...I just hate that I have to settle for the sohc 18-valve engine instead of the dohc 24-valve. Hmmm...so I go to Napoli, find my cyl heads, manifolds, pistons...dissassemble them into individual pieces...half go home in my suitcases, and the bare aluminum head castings and intake manifold get sent to me via US Postal Service from APO/FPO originating at one the Combined Forces or NATO facilities in Napoli (basically same rate as if they originated in NY)...hmmm DAW

So I had this engine/trans shipped and (I don't know why this never occured to me prior)...it is an auto trans!! du-oh!!

which is why it sold for 76.76 ;)

But worth every penny! Now put some elbow grease into it and send us a shot with that gleaming polished intake under the hood of your Z with trails of smoke coming from the back tires. :icon54:

Just kidding! Awsome find.