HybridZ

New England Pick and Pull LT1

Sorry if I am posting in the wrong forum but finding First Gen z parts in New England is really tough. I don't know how many on this list live in New England but I though I would give it a shot.

Anybody know of a any good junk yards in New England, If any are pick and pull and where is my best shot a finding a complete 95LT1/T56 combo complete with harness, ECU, Driveshaft etc.

You guys in Texas, Arizona and CA have it too easy!!

Thanks,

Greg

1978 280Z in progress, Complete Drivetrain, L28 fuel injected Engine, 5 speed, mild cam and 6-1 headers can be heard before I take it out soon.

I was hoping that there was something closer in the way of a pick and pull.

Aren't there any Hybrid Z members in New England? am I the only one?

If you guys are out there where did you source all your parts?

I can't see buying everything I need from eBay and driving 6-8 hours to get it, hoping it is as advertised....

I suppose I can start calling around and searching the web and doing my homework and not be so lazy!!!

Greg

After doing a quick search on Car-parts.com I need a dictionary to decipher the codes, for example a 2000 firebird LS1 was listed as follows: 5.7L VIN G-TMU N/PAN OR IMA CLEAN-U, another 5.7L VIN G- WQTP, another, 51K N/R -OIL PAN C200 another 5.7L VIN G-W/CAL COMPLETE X-OVER X-175

What do all these letter mean?

I know the 5.7, the Vin-G and the 51k is the mileage but what about the other stuff, is ther a legend or glossary somewhere? There a Parts grade legend but most yards don't use it!

Guest BOOMER-Z

Try Central NH Used Auto Parts in Concord (603-224-5329). They had several LT-1/T-56 combos around last year when I was looking for a used T-5. The guy tried to sell me a T-56, but it was too rich for my budget ($1,200. or so as I recall).

Guest Jasonv8z

http://www.car-part.com is a great search engine. It pulled up 6 Lt1's in MA $1200-2500. You can definitely get an Lt1 cheaper if you search the whole country and pay them to freight it. Lowest was $750 in PA for a complete engine. Figure $150-$200 for freight? I've seen plenty of LT1s out of retired caprices, and taxis, but never a Camaro with a 6 speed. Those are too valuable to go to a pick and pull. There are a few LS1's in the $1500 range that you might want to consider if you use the search. Also, its easy enough to convert your 96-97 LT1 to OBDI thanks to the many junked caprices and taxis out there.

-Jason