HybridZ

Opinion needed...turn signal switch

I just was told by an associate, hey your lights are on. I was kind of in disbelief since I didnt use them this afternoon. I looked out my office window and my parking lights were on. I went out to the car and the switch was in the off position. I pulled back a little and it moved slightly and they turned off. I noticed if I wiggle the turn signal stalk, they the parking lights / dash lights turn on and off. What do you think I should do? Is it something I need to crimp down somemore? Should I replace the stalk?

Thanks.

probally stalk there known for going bad.

Edit: reread that actually i have a 280z the wiring is quite differnet fromm what im reading when you mess with the turn signal switch the lights go on? Although its probally the stalk get a chilton book follow the wiring diagram and check for bad grounds dead wires etc etc. Last test is to manually connect the turn singal wires. If there good then its the stalk

• 2 weeks later...

Broke down after this weekend, the lights were turning on and off by them self like it was a christmas tree, caused my battery to die. I went to a junk yard and I bought a switch from them that doesnt seem to have the play in the twist mechanism that mine does, got it for 7.00 and the extra 2.99 in case it is bad and they will let me bring it back to the Hammond Pick -in- pull. Thanks

Me being the kinda person who likes to tinker, I installed the new switch, only the right side lights worked, lol. I took apart the switch to see how it worked and there is a simple plastic cover that snaps on, which when taken off, allows direct access to the terminals. I realized somethings when I inspected it.

1. The terminals get cruddy as if they are in a very extreme humid enviroment. 2 small flat head screw drivers would allow you to clean the contacts and makem shiny again.

2. The terminals can be bent back gently to restore clearance to keep the lights off when they are supposed to be off.

Just passing this on.