HybridZ

Z weight after R-230 conv. and other mods...

COZY Z COLE

One more thing about the R-230 conv. Wot at a dead stop after I had the new AFR heads installed caused the rear of the car to pull to the right. I had a 4 wheel align. done and the drivers side rear had a -7 toe and the pass. rear had a -2 toe. Don't know if I always had that or it was the conv. My tires never broke before the new heads at wot from a dead stop. Now they light up.... So, I'm ordering adj. rear control arms to correct this......Plus some throttle control.:icon52:

LARRY

Larry, does your truck scale allow you to get front/rear weights? I used the one where I work and got the following.

Before I started my conversion my 280Z weighed an even 2,800 lbs, 1,400 lbs on each end. When I completed the LS1/T56 install it was 2,830 lbs., 1400 on the nose and 1430 on the tail with 3/4 tank of gas in each case. Since adding the rollbar, strut tower braces and doing a full interior and sound system upgrade the car now weighs an even 3,000 lbs with a full tank of gas - 1440 on the nose and 1560 on the tail.

To answer a couple of questions.... I could not get the f/r weight figures.

A few weights pulled off the net.....

70-73 240Z....2355 lbs.

74 260Z.........2665 lbs.

75 280Z.........2875 lbs. The last 2 years of the 280Z were lighter due to the bumper change.

79 280ZX 2+2..2915 lbs.

83 280ZXT......2825 lbs.

90 300ZXTT....3474 lbs

Giving some more thought to my weight I still have the rear heavy-*** bumper on and I have added frame rail supports on each rail.

LARRY