HybridZ

1g63 Bov Z31

300zxRB26

okay i acquired a 1g63 bov from a friend for 10 bucks with the flange. My problem is that i have make an aluminum flange becuse the intake on my 88 turbo is aluminum and we all know aluminum can't be welded to steel without melting the steel. What I'm getting at is will i have to recirculate the BOV because of the MAF? I have read the forums about the l28 motors and there are many different opinions, but for my car and set up (no intercooler) will I have to recirc that?

Basically what happens when you vent metered air is the engine will run very rich when you lift the throttle. If for instance you're driving hard then lift the throttle to stop/slow down most of the time the engine will die due to running rich and you'll need to restart it (unless you blip the throttle to keep it going while doing that).

Another thing that can happen is it can run rich enough to bog the engine between shifting gears so that you won't have full power potential in the next gear.

It can be detered using a programmable ecu or piggy back fuel controller but the easiest way would be to just recirculate the air back through the intake.