HybridZ

cheap intercoolers? worth the money?

stephen87

i was wondering, there are really expencive intercoolers, what is the difference in a 900 dollar spearco and one of these? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FMIC-Turbo-Intercooler-25x12x3-S13-Civic-3000GT-CRX-RX7_W0QQitemZ8039753369QQcategoryZ33742QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

my friend bought one for an h22 turbo civic, it seemed decent, what makes a good inter cooler? are these worth a crap, or would i be better off with a npr cooler?

well what matters is pressure loss and efficiency but all an intercooler does is just dissapate heat. they all work the same way and there are no awesome revolutionary pattented designs on the spearco ones (that i know of) IMO you should be fine going with something like this.

Many of the no-name parts are the same as the expensive Japanese brand name products. They are made at factories that are located in special zones where they are able to get away with making a product on behalf of brand name and then release the same product under a no-name or off-brand. People are finding this out. The Supra people found out one of the Hong Kong intercoolers offered for sale on ebay is just as good and virtually the same as a certain expensive brand name unit. I don't know the exact unit they were talking about.