HybridZ

What 280zx parts work in 240z?

Chewievette

I've been searching all night and havn't come up with anything more than bits and pieces of info. I have both a 1979 280zx and a 1972 240z. The zx will be parted out in the near future because the body is beyond help so I need to know which parts to keep for my 240z. I'm keeping the L28, 5speed, rear diff(R180) and rear brakes because they can be adapted but what else should I keep around? My 240z doesn't have any gauges, will the three center ones work or should I keep and eye out in the junkyards? I'm sure all the parts are listed out in other posts but its really hard to collect all the info in one place. I'll keep searching but I'd really appreciate any help, Thanks.

i would keep the digital lap timer clock... also keep the wheels... and i think the steering wheel should work. Keep the brake booster, brake MC, clutch MC, Clutch Slave (but your keeping the tranny so you would probably do that anyway) radiator, but only if it looks like it is in good condition. The glass light bulbs will also bolt onto your 240z, and maybe the tail lights, if you want to do a conversion? BTW why did it come with the R180, is it automatic?