HybridZ

account theft by Evie Bornman

dr_hunt

Well, seems somehow somebody hijacked my ebay account and my email account. However, since I log in frequently, I was able to change my paypal account info and open a new email address. I now have a new ebay user Id and my paypal account and bank accounts no longer go to my old email address. Anyone here had that problem?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got ripped a few months ago for $923 from a smuck that hacked into a womans account and was selling RB26 motors thru her account.

My fault though for not following my gut feeling, and not paying with a cashiers check... If I'd have followed my own rules, (pay only with CC with paypal) I would not have lost out in the end. He only would accept m/o or cashiers check.... doh!! :banghead:

Can you post your old ebay name so I can watch it to make sure they don't still try to use it?

dr_hunt was my ebay user id, I was selling alot of stuff so we'll see if they tries to circumvent that process. I notified EBAY, my paypal account had a different password and I changed my email address it so it's ok. My bank accounts had different passwords, and I changed all that info with a new email so it's ok, too. Good thing I caught that right away, could have been a disaster.

I had the same thing happen as well, and I think I caught it the day it happened, did the same as you, changed everything and notified ebay.

I do believe all of it was well though in the end as I havent had any problems. Good think like you said you caught it straight away.

I can't, my new ebay account won't let me contact members for 3 days. If some of you all would that would be great. This guy is obviously going to try to change the address and get them to send MO's or cashiers checks.

EBAY is so stinking slow to respond, they say 24 to 48 hours.

I emailed the butt hole and told him that he'd be caught.

Their are a ton of these septics out there doing this kind of scam with ebay. Its a lot of organized criminals in on this, and its large scale....

Most of these people are out of the country doing this, with the help a lot of times from a person here, in the US.

Go here> http://forums.ebay.com/db2/forum.jspa?forumID=107 and read most of the topics... it has to do with this exact same scam..

Here is another scammer working right now> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8041674223&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3***%3AUS%3A1. These guys are the ones that got me. The way I know is I go to the feedback and start looking at all the ebay ID's and then look at their feedback and their ebay ID's, so on- so on.... there is a pattern to how they operate.

All of them will not have a paypal payment method. Most will have a Yahoo email acc they want you to contact them thru....

If you see something you want to buy, and the person won't answer you back thru the ebay message service, its most highly a scammer..

The sad part about it is, ebay really don't care about stopping this. If they did, they would act asap when you report these scammers... but I know from experince, they will most likely scam the inosent before ebay responds to a reported scammer...

They still have not shut down dr-hunts scammer, or my scammer... it sucks big time!!

**** BE CAREFULL **** after reading up on the latest scams on the ebay trust and safety board, there now is a way for them to harvest your account info just by you answering back to a question sent to you thru the ebay email system. This was the last true safe way we had to beat those bastards at their own game, but now you can't even trust answering back when a buyer emails you to ask about your item you may be selling....

Read this>>http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?threadID=2000089646&tstart=0&mod=1140896839255

Anyone who uses Ebay, AT ALL, needs to stay informed by reading this Ebay forum...

I'd like to know where this ******* is. Maybe asking if one could look at the tractor would be a big help. If I can find him my .45 and him have a date and I'm never late.

Thing is, he has no tractor to show.... he's probably in another country.

I've sent several emails to him asking for his blessing so I can place a 10,000 bid on it, but no responce back.

I also sent ebay a few emails telling them this is a account takeover..... (hacked account). Problem with them is it takes so dam long before they react to it....:banghead:

Notice that the item location for the tractor is just listed as "United States". Every other item in the sellers items for sale list has the Socorro, NM address listed. This seems like another good way to spot a scam. I think I'll send him an email and try to get a location for the tractor. (The description for the tractor is pretty detailed, the $hitstain may actually have one...)

Mike

Just sent this:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hello,

I'm currently looking at another used tractor similar to yours (Kubota TLB 39) and after finding you auction I'm now trying to decide which one to buy. Would it be possible to arrange an inspection of the tractor before I use the "Buy it now" option? Thanks,

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The Kubota TLB 39 was the result of a 5 minute google search for tractor. It had the closest horsepower rating to the John Deere listed in the auction. I know exactly crap about tractors.....

Hopefully turdlicker will take the bait.

Mike