HybridZ

Getting logged off???

Synlubes

• Administrators
What is the time set before someone gets logged off.

If you checked the remember me box during login and never use the logout link I think the session lifetime is something like 7 years.

I have been logged off several times going through reading and posting.

Start here with clearing your cookies. http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=108718

I've had cleared cookies, logged in, made post then won't accept. Login again, make post, won't accept. Sometimes if I make post, log in, won't accept I hit back button until I get to the post then it accepts. Me thinks There's a ghost in the machine. John

• 2 weeks later...

I just lost another post due to this.

I don't know how long this has been happening but it's at least the last few weeks.

I get automatically logged off about every maybe hour or so. I'll be typing a response, not even a long one, and get logged of in the mean time and lose the post.

This is getting REALLY annoying!

I can't see hardly any of the stuff in the Admin control panel that I used to be able to see. So I have no way of seeing what the default log off time is.

But I vote to increase it by a bunch!

No, I don't want to "stay logged in forever" either.

Dan,

The "Time-Out for Cookie" setting is set to 900sec=15minutes.

Could we up that to like an hour or something!

That's why I keep getting logged out - sometimes I get distracted while creating a post, or just take a long time to research stuff as I write it and by the time I click "Submit", I've been "logged out" (the cookie timed out) and I loose what I post.

I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting this increased. But you're da boss.

PS thanks for opening more of the stuff up for me to access in the Admin Ctrl panel.

Pete

Mike, I think you're referring to read/unread posts (regular or bold font in the "Posts Last xxx" search result? That's different than the automatic log off cookie, although that cookie does seem to affect the read/unread posts function.