HybridZ

260Z in the Albuquerque Journal...

desert dog

In the Sunday Albuquerque Journal there is a '74 260Z for $300 that the ad says needs electrical work. I don't know if anyone would be interested but I could follow it up if anyone does...

This is a public service announcement... If I had the funds right now (and the space) I would buy it.

Mike

I have neither funds or space, but if it's a good deal, I can swing it. I want to do a tube chassis, backhalf car to do some serious 8's so jap tin won't be standing in a field by himself.

Come on Dr Hunt, your the only guy I see on here that can give me a run. It's lonley out here, LOL.

Jap Tin, Just give me alittle time. I'm going to buy a raised cam dart block, go for some cubes and get some better heads for the next z motor, then I'll come play. It'll be next year before I can get a car built like i want, but it'll happen this year if things go like they have been.

The car is a 260Z two-seater, still the original white.

Here is what is missing from what I could tell:

Speedometer

Column covers

Door panels (inside)

Door external hardware (inside handles)

Seats (Ist gen MR2 seats)

Upolstery is trashed.

Left front turn signal cracked

Center console broken

Shift knob

Steering wheel

The exterior is fine, with a few small dents and surface rust on the hood where someone took the paint off. It has been exposed to the weather on the inside as the passenger door window is gone. The floorboards are rusty (aren't they all?) but no rust around the hatch, and a little surface rust here and there. The wheelwells look good.

It has the early round top carburetors as well. Engine compartment is complete.

Well worth $300

Paid him, got the title. He actually had it listed twice, once for 600 and got nothing but tire kickers and then again and got the same response. He's a toyota fart machine guy, not a nissan guy, but he was impressed with the hybridz crowd since he had gotten 3 calls, one from a guy in AZ, desert dog, and one from me, all hybrid z guys.

Crap the glass is all there and it alone is worth more than $300.

Anyone need l28 with round top SU's?????

I'll give the engine and trans to any hybrid z'er that want's it, first come first get.

well your lucky looks as tho iam going to have to pay around 2200$ for a NON running 76 280z cause i just cant find one whats not totaly wrecked for anyless than that infact i have only actualy seen one! and it was so far gone it wasnt even worth towing home....