HybridZ

Now what did I do wrong?

280Zone

I am attempting to transplant an 81 turbo engine into my 75 Z and continue to have wiring questions. I have read and re-read the how to's and it is just not getting through my thick head. I need expert opinions on the unknown connector on the capacitor thing attached to the coil. sorry for the poor graphic I am somewhat artistically challenged.

http://album.hybridz.org/data/500/medium/wiring.jpg

keep in mind when reading that your 81 turbo donor is a bit different from the more common 82-83 setup which is what mine was before megasquirt, one of those wires is the disconnect ground trigger wire coming from the ecu, the other I believe is the swictched/cranking hot and there should be no wires going to the coil other than the ones from the ingitor, I won't swear to thsi as it's been and while and your setup is a bit different

The little thing with the "T" shaped terminals is the ignitor, I only had 1 wire (the yellow and black one) going to it.

Be careful, because if you apply power to the wrong terminal it's really easy to blow it, which means no spark. New the ignitor is expensive, but is the same across a couple different nissans.