HybridZ

Hydrogen Fuel Cell conversion...

Guest nitr0

I was looking at hydro cell stuff and a google link that said "Buy Hydrogen Fuel Cell's on eBay" Popped up!

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/HYDROGEN-FUEL-CELL-USED-IN-CARS-MAKES-H-GAS_W0QQitemZ4616635935QQcategoryZ72469QQtcZphotoQQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

"Hydrogen can fuel today’s internal combustion engine vehicles with this Hydrogen Cell you can start by making hydrogen while you are driving with this V2 Cell then mix it into the fuel oxygen supply ."

Does this mean its like a NOS system that i can use to keep my leaky washer bottle topped up? Would this kill an L28 real quick? Anyone ever used one?

? I'm just amazed...

You don't get energy for free. Splitting water molecules into hyrdogen and oxygen atoms takes energy (60 amps draw for that module). This process takes the molecule from a low energy state (oxygen and hydrogen like to make water) to a high energy state. At the very best, when the hyrdogen and oxygen are burned, it will release the exact amount of energy that was required to split the molecule. Add efficiency into that and you are screwed.

putting hydrogen in the air/fuel mix reduces your power output because hydrogen fuel takes up more space(several thousand times more) than liquid droplet fuel. For each intake stroke, the cylinder can only accept so much volume of mixture. If hydrogen is added to air, there is just less oxygen in each cylinder filling; less oxygen to burn = less power. Hydrocarbon fuel is compact in size and packs much more energy than hydrogen. Hydrogen fuel is said to burn faster though, they will require less advance.

Not to mention sucking all the power from your alternator..... and the price of buying a new one every week since it is running full output constantly! Anyone know Autozone's limit for free replacement? :willy_nil

They started to complain after 13 in one year. ;0