HybridZ

This just in: Thumper & ON3GO get drug...

Guest 73Turbo240z

Guest 73Turbo240z

no video of this one unfortunately, didn't have enough guys with us tonight, so i'll just wait for the other guys to chime in with there perspectives of the races...

long story short, we lined up from a dig a few times tonight, mike didn't really concearn me with his cute little T3, but ted's car was running strong on 12psi with the holset and he'd been fiddling with his 2 step all day so he was able to build boost on the line with it.

most races i'd pull both of them out of the hole, my tach would fall out of the hollow center area of my dash, and i'd finish the race by sound, i'd say the last real balls out race we did i destroyed mike by 6-7 and put 4-5 on ted... but i wasn't watching them, was concentrated on listening to the motor, so i could be wrong.

i ran all night on stock 7-8psi, with creep to 12ish if i went full on in to it, but most of my throttling was 80% or less, so i don't think there was much creep. tried a pull alone w/ the EBC setting 12psi base, heard marbles in a can, so i can't really go beyond 7-8 untill i figure out my freaking tune.

Bad tank of gas maybe?

I noticed a difference in where I purchased my 93 octane. Chevron was great and I didn't have any issues, 7-11, citgo, marathon, not so much. I notice even in my high compression daily driver 240z, I have to run a quality 93 octane (like Chevron) where a lesser quality 93 fuel gives me the pings.

You could try adding 2-3 gallons of race fuel to the mix (not the octane booster crap), just to see if it makes a difference, if it does, then you'll just have to back out some more timing if you want to run those boost levels on pump...

First things first.:mrgreen: My car was not at 12psi it was at 5-6psi when we raced. Second I can not find 3rd even if it was lite up with neon lights.:evil: Damn 4spd sychros are gone. Third I never used my 2-step against you only to scare people next to my muffler (it back fires alittle with a 1ft flame) Intill I miss third 73turbo240z and I are both even so think of it as you will. So when I get my better tranny this week we will line up again see who is king of h-town z-streets.:flamedevi What ever psi you want.:burnout:

OH YEAH I turned the turbo wick up to 19psi for the fun of it last night. And second gear traction is a joke I just roast the tires. Third it still spins but its managable. Its more of an accereration spin in third. And fourth doesn't last too long. Here is the funny part I have a 240z 4spd and it handled all of this plus 10+ launches last night. I love this car I just need a better tranny and speedo.

Bad tank of gas maybe?

I noticed a difference in where I purchased my 93 octane. Chevron was great and I didn't have any issues' date=' 7-11, citgo, marathon, not so much. I notice even in my high compression daily driver 240z, I have to run a quality 93 octane (like Chevron) where a lesser quality 93 fuel gives me the pings.

You could try adding 2-3 gallons of race fuel to the mix (not the octane booster crap), just to see if it makes a difference, if it does, then you'll just have to back out some more timing if you want to run those boost levels on pump...[/quote']

Nah its timing I have his timing set at the same as mine but his car has higher compression. All I need to do is pull timing from 7psi and up he should be good to go. 5 minutes worth of work but noooo somebody forgot his labtop last night so i'll do it today.

Guest 73Turbo240z
Nah its timing I have his timing set at the same as mine but his car has higher compression. All I need to do is pull timing from 7psi and up he should be good to go. 5 minutes worth of work but noooo somebody forgot his labtop last night so i'll do it today.

labtops eh... must have missed that addition to the shop. are they purebred?

Guest 73Turbo240z
First things first.:mrgreen: My car was not at 12psi it was at 5-6psi when we raced. Second I can not find 3rd even if it was lite up with neon lights.:evil: Damn 4spd sychros are gone. Third I never used my 2-step against you only to scare people next to my muffler (it back fires alittle with a 1ft flame) Intill I miss third 73turbo240z and I are both even so think of it as you will. So when I get my better tranny this week we will line up again see who is king of h-town z-streets.:flamedevi What ever psi you want.:burnout:

OH YEAH I turned the turbo wick up to 19psi for the fun of it last night. And second gear traction is a joke I just roast the tires. Third it still spins but its managable. Its more of an accereration spin in third. And fourth doesn't last too long. Here is the funny part I have a 240z 4spd and it handle all this abust 10+ drag race starts last night. I love this car just need a better tranny.

you've had the tranny in like 1 week now, it's lasted 6 days, 23 hours, and 59 minutes longer than i figured it would.

Guest ON3GO

dude im not even tuned yet and at 6 to 7psi... plus i have lawn chairs in the back of my Z so when it breaks down i can lounge in style!!!

mike

OH YEAH I turned the turbo wick up to 19psi for the fun of it last night. And second gear traction is a joke I just roast the tires. Third it still spins but its managable. Its more of an accereration spin in third. And fourth doesn't last too long. Here is the funny part I have a 240z 4spd and it handled all of this plus 10+ launches last night. I love this car I just need a better tranny and speedo.

good to hear somebody's running a 240z 4 speed, thats the setup i would like to be running. but i am kinda back and forth because of the larger clutch size of the 280 5 speed.

good to hear somebody's running a 240z 4 speed, thats the setup i would like to be running. but i am kinda back and forth because of the larger clutch size of the 280 5 speed.

Yeah I am running the turbo flywheel and clutch. With the stock 4spd. I had a choice of either running a fidanza 225 clutch and dual centerforce clutch or stock turbo and unknown clutch. The unknown clutch seems to holding for now.:flamedevi