HybridZ

My Suspension...

Guest Frank280z

Guest Frank280z

I just got Suspension Techniques 1" drop springs and Tokico twin tube struts. Almost ready to install. Waiting on my mounting kits. Will I be able clear a set of 16x8s with 225 50s? Or will I be better off with a 15" rim with the 225 50s?

Frank280z

Guest Anonymous

Hi Frank,

With the right offset on the wheels the 16's should work good. You might even be able to go with a little larger tire. The 225/5016's are the same hieght as the stock 195/7014's. The're also the same hieght as the 225/6014's I using on my 73. They will rub in the front, but an aftermarket airdam will add plenty of room. I wouldn't go any wider than 7 inches with the 225's. For that size tire its the ideal width. I sell tires & service for a living. I know tires but I don't know much about wheel offsets. However the JTR manual covers tire size & wheel offsets.

Glenn

Frank,

you want Zero offset on that car. The hubs, and bearings were designed for zero offset from the factory and anything over 1/2 inch deviation will cause premature wear on tie rods, ball joints and bearings!

Also 225/50-16s should clear... might have to grind off the outside edge to the spring perch, but that isn't a big deal and won't hurt anything... just make sure it doesn't rub!

Mike

------------------

"I will not be a spectator in the sport of life!"

mjk