HybridZ

E12-80 and megasquirt....

FEnatic

Am looking at getting MSnS E for my 75 turbo project. I run an E12-80 dizzy now with dual SU's. I see that most of you that run L28ET use the turbo dizzy, does using this make it easier to tune or run better, or can I use my E12-80 with a turbo and MS? I also have an E12-92, or should I just run a Mallory? Thanks

I would use the 82-83 turbo distributor as others have, or go distributorless with and EDIS setup. The NA distrubtor has the wrong advance curve. So you will have to run less timing overall making it slugish when not in boost.

Am looking at getting MSnS E for my 75 turbo project. I run an E12-80 dizzy now with dual SU's. I see that most of you that run L28ET use the turbo dizzy, does using this make it easier to tune or run better, or can I use my E12-80 with a turbo and MS? I also have an E12-92, or should I just run a Mallory? Thanks

You can run it perfectly fine with the stock system, except spark won't be tuneable. It's an easier install and MSnS-E will do fuel only perfectly fine.

You can also lock the advance on your distributor and una hall effect sensor on the points, or an HEI module, can't remeber what... and use that to have MS control spark.

Mario

Yes, the turbo distributor is locked, and controlled by the ECU.

In a boosted application, just using an NA distrbutor with the stock advance mechanism, and MS for just fuel control, will not produce anywhere near the drivability and power as either EDIS or a locked distributor and MSnS-E.

You can lock the advance mechanism in an NA distributor and acomplish the same thing as a turbo distrbutor. I beleive that you will need to use two HEI modules in this setup, one to provide proper input trigger voltage to the MS, and the other to drive the coil on the output of the MS. A little more involved, but not that much more difficult.

Sounds like I'll go with the EDIS system. I've been reading all that I can here about it, am going to the junkyard this weekend to get the components from some Fords and use the coil packs off of a Chyrsler product. Did the press fit of the 36-1 wheel on the balancer work out for you? Thanks

I found out htis week that you can't weld the stock Ford wheel to the balancer. Whatever the trigger wheel is made of, will not TIG weld. So we tried to braze it, and as you would expect, it heated up the balance so much that the rubber melted. The balancer is junk now. We are trying to make a trigger wheel from steel with an automated plasma cutter, I'll let you know how it works out. Finding a 81' turbo balance is a good idea because you can just bolt on the trigger wheel. If the custom trigger wheel comes out OK, I'll have him make a bunch of them.

Paul Ruschman (Braap), bolted his on. I may try this iof we can't make a wheel.

VRDONEMedium.jpg