HybridZ

HELP HELP HELP!! Car won't turn off.. very weird symptoms

proxlamus©

Ok.. I was workn on the Z .. and tuning.. and I looked at the Relay board..

and the 10a fuse under the Fuel FP area was blown... so I replaced it.. ever since.. the car will NOT turn off using the key, I have even unplugged the ignition switch with no luck..

the car runs fine with no fuse, and turns off fine.

but when the fuse is on, the fuel pump and ignition continues to stay on, key off, ign, acc or start

However.. with the car off... and I turn the key to ACC everything works properly.. then IGN and the fuel pump primes for 2 seconds... then I can start normally

with NO fuse.. when I turn to IGN the fuel pump continues to prime an doesnt stop.. no problem because ill be starting the car anyway and it will be running

what's going on???

Man wish I could help, my holley fuel pump continues to prime itself also. It does not really bother me because I'm starting the car. I tried finding the lead that would alow it to prime for 2 sec. but could not?

I would say leave the fues out, untill you can figure it all out.

Yeah, sounds like you have a short. A wire perhaps that has worn through the shielding and shorts intermittently at the firewall maybe, or under the seat. Do you still have the box under the seat? Is there a rubber grommet where all the wires pass through the firewall?