HybridZ

name that brake booster game !

2253430_15_full.jpg

2253430_16_full.jpg

sooo thats the brake booster thats in the car, i need to know if its the stock 240Z booster or an upgraded one. my car has been very messed with before and hopefuly i got a good booster i dont have to replace... here is to hoping

Looks like the master on my 240's. Take it offf the car and see if another set of holes was drilled to fit that master. Some of the nissan masters will work on a 240 but the mounting studs don't exactly match the holes and some people will redrill the fire wall to mount the different one. Not a big deal.

looks like the one i recently pulled off my late '70 auto 240. No additional holes drilled - looked all original. One note - the reman units apparently are drilled for a slightly smaller hole in the pedal - keep your original bracket that connects to the pedal. No biggie to drill it out, just a hassle when you do the headstand in the footwell for 30 min trying to a oversized pin through a small hole :(

looks like the one i recently pulled off my late '70 auto 240. No additional holes drilled - looked all original. One note - the reman units apparently are drilled for a slightly smaller hole in the pedal - keep your original bracket that connects to the pedal. No biggie to drill it out, just a hassle when you do the headstand in the footwell for 30 min trying to a oversized pin through a small hole :(

I had at one time a couple of early small diameter boosters, and some were smaller pin and some larger pin. I think they were all stock. I believe that Nissan switched the size of the pin in the first year or so.