HybridZ

Question about how ms works

PUSHER

Was talking to a friend about megasquirt and he said that it works by firing all the injectors at once, so it would just end up spraying at the back of the intake valve if it wasnt open. I've learned a couple lesson in 'you get what you pay for', but I'm wondering if what he said is is true for ms. And as a side question, what are the main differences between ms and something like a 800-1k efi setup. Thanks.

Firing the injectors all at once is actually ok. The main areas that are improved by sequential injection are Idle and Cruise, and we are not talking huge improvements or all-out necessity here either. MS is capable of doing most of the things any other stand-alone is, with less cost, and probably a little more work and learning required by the installer. If you are capable of installing and tuning any other system, you will probably be just as qualified to use MS.

Guest 81na ZX

if it were so bad, most OEM's wouldn't have been doing it for most of the last 25 years.

If I had to guess, I'd say 99% of all fuel injected(gas) cars ever sold, and about 90% of them on the road today are batch fired.

The stock L6 Bosch injection is batch fired.

You can run the MS in a simultaneous (batch) or alternating mode. This is great if you have a 4 or 8 cylinder. Since the MS has only two injector outputs, you can't do alternating on an L6 and have three injectors on each output driver.

I've installed Wolf 3D systems that have 4 injector outputs, so you can do alternating injector firing on any engine type.

BTW, your L6 will run in alternating mode, it just won't idle all that smooth.