HybridZ

Just bought a '71 240z...

BLOZ UP

EDIT: It's a '72, I keep forgetting!

I'm in love despite all the rust I've found. Bought it for $500.

I had a 80% complete interior, but I ripped it all out and threw most of it away before taking these pictures. I kept the dash and a few other items.

Doglegs are bad.

Battery tray is bad.

At least the passenger floorboard is bad.

LF headlight and fender has been wrecked before.

Other than that it's nice. The spare tire and trunk area has no rust (yet?). Worth the $500.

I ripped the L24 out today, and removed most of the engine bay wiring.

Making way for a VG30E+TT and megasquirt.

thumb_P3170016.JPG thumb_P3170025.JPG thumb_P3170020.JPG

More images at: www.blozup.com/images

Hey BLOZ UP, nice buy!I just bought my 71 in October for $250,and I started with pretty much the same problem areas!:shock: You might want to check out my photos in the members gallery(along with alot of the other members,huge amounts of info)since I'm just getting into it myself.Good luck with the Z!:rockon:

Thanks BWRex, it should be a "fun" and ... "educating" experience, since I've never done rust repair before. But I have a whole bunch of people at the shop that know their stuff.

Sparky, how do you know of this car?

Also, the spare tire space and rear deck lid of the car are truly rust free, it's awesome.

If you don't want those bumpers! I GET FIRST DIBS!!

Good buy. You will have a ton of fun. Enjoy the ride.

I actually don't want them.

I had a z31 not too long ago, I hid the title from myself because I knew that I would never want to sell it. Well, I ended up trying to sell it and couldn't find the title for a while. Once I found the title and the deal was done, my heart sat a little low for a loooong time.:(

Now I feel great :mrgreen: , even though it's sitting behind my shop in poor condition. So even though I regret selling that Z, if I hadn't... I wouldn't have gotten this...