HybridZ

New dyno results

just got back from the SDU dyno day. and a intresting factor.

Sorry i dont have a scanner atm. so i wont be able to put up the plot.

But this thing has been plaugeing me.

Last year i got a dyno dont on the rollers and hit 109rwkw (146hp) at the wheels. and 350nm of torque (i think).

Mods were. 600hp fuel pump. Standard turbo 8psi. 2.5" exhasut. 30deg inital timing. small 300x300x50mm intercooler. ect.

TO me thats not to bad really. i was exspecting more.

Now. todays dyno. on a dynapac dyno. was 124rwkw. 1077nm of torque ( i dont know how to work out the split ratio on that torque reading)

the thing that gets me is. the mods i have done should have more power than that.

My new mods are. Rb20det turbo running 14psi. Shaved and ported egr manifold with 60mm throttle body. RB25det FPR. 600x300x60mm Intercooler. 35deg of inital timing. (still doesnt ping)

I reality shouldnt i be making more power than that since im nearly running double the boost compared to before. I know the A/f ratios arnt showen. ( i didnt get a reading) but its clearly running rich on the dyno.

Any insite ?

you say to rich eh. MY a/f guage running off a new o2 sensor shows 1 bar above stonic on full boost. I know its not the best way to mesure. And it only blew a tiny bit of gray smoke on the dyno.

so you guys would agree that with the current mods i have it should be making more ?

I reality shouldnt i be making more power than that since im nearly running double the boost compared to before. I know the A/f ratios arnt showen. ( i didnt get a reading) but its clearly running rich on the dyno.

Which is it, lean or rich? If you are reading stoich at full boost, then that is lean. Running that lean is dangerous and also bad for making power.

Lets look at your other mods.... Fuel pump is good for zero horsepower. The stock turbo fuel pump can keep up with 14psi of boost, so you aren't really gaining anything with that upgrade. Bigger throttle body and shaved manifold aren't really good for much either at the boost levels you are running. Those are good mods when your flow numbers get a bit higher. The fuel pressure regulator isn't good for more power either, just for supporting larger levels of boost. I'm not sure about the size of the rb20det turbo, but my intuition says that it is probably pretty small since it is off of a two liter engine. You might be running the turbo out of its efficiency range at 14psi and it might also be too much of an exhaust restriction to make the power you are looking for. Just curious,but what numbers were you expecting?

ok.... good questions. the rb20det turbo really has good effency up to 17psi. But they tend to drop a exhaust wheel at that level of boost.

L20et's make 140hp standard on 4psi.

i was expecting around the mid 130's (rwkw) i definitly feels like that kind of power. which is weird

im really comparing this to my mates old HR30 that did 132rwkw on 13psi. Standard turbo. small FMIC. (rx7 frount mounted) 3 fuel pumps and a surge tank. and a exhasut and dump pipe. Im using the factory dump pipe off the rb20det.

Exhausts are everything. My GT35R would NOT make more than 10psi with a stock type exhaust behind the L28. Openned it up to 3" and it'll make more than enough to blow head gaskets.

I would think twice about going anywhere that tuned your car without A/F ratios. Don't suppose they had a knock sensor on it anywhere either ehy?

Madness.

Dave