let me kno

Thanks

Drew Herdeman

DREWFAB

Guest dherde26
External Wastegate flange' date=' too?

How much we talkin?[/quote']

yes external wastegate flange as well

i havent decided yet because i am still in the process with the prototype so...

give me some imput on what you guys think this is worth

thanks

Drew Herdeman

DREWFAB

Hi, dherde26.

Don't know how long you have been around this site but, I've been lurking for 4-5 years, and lots of people on this site myself included have seen offers like this come and go.

Designing a proper tubular "equal length tubular header" for the L6 is a difficult and potentially expensive proposition with many problems to solve.

Many have tried to offer a "turbo header" for sale here, I'm not sure any have truly succeded. S.F.P. comes to mind.

That being said, If you were to come up a header with:

304 (may not take the heat).

316L (better choice), but more expensive.

321 (the best) cost no object.

Nice beefy flanges cold rolled steel or 304.

Flex or slip joints if and where necissary.

Offer an external wastegate pipe either with or without a flange mounted. An option of T3 or T4 turbo flanges.

And the option for bracing for those of us with large turbos to mount.

I'm sure that many here would be willing to spend real money for something like this.

How long have you been fabricating?

Can we see some examples of your work?

If it looks good, is tested and seen to be reliable for moderate to mild abuse, I personally would pay $500.00 to $800.00 depending on the design and materials used.

What does evryone else think?

Mike.

Guest 280ZForce

i might be interested as well...keep us posted. but yeah, build it the better/best route or don't bother. this is a key part here. quality is what it's all about.

Guest dherde26
Hi' date=' dherde26.

Don't know how long you have been around this site but, I've been lurking for 4-5 years, and lots of people on this site myself included have seen offers like this come and go.

Designing a [u']proper[/u] tubular "equal length tubular header" for the L6 is a difficult and potentially expensive proposition with many problems to solve.

Many have tried to offer a "turbo header" for sale here, I'm not sure any have truly succeded. S.F.P. comes to mind.

That being said, If you were to come up a header with:

304 (may not take the heat).

316L (better choice), but more expensive.

321 (the best) cost no object.

Nice beefy flanges cold rolled steel or 304.

Flex or slip joints if and where necissary.

Offer an external wastegate pipe either with or without a flange mounted. An option of T3 or T4 turbo flanges.

And the option for bracing for those of us with large turbos to mount.

I'm sure that many here would be willing to spend real money for something like this.

How long have you been fabricating?

Can we see some examples of your work?

If it looks good, is tested and seen to be reliable for moderate to mild abuse, I personally would pay $500.00 to $800.00 depending on the design and materials used.

What does evryone else think?

Mike.

well here is where i am right now the flanges will def be cold rolled and the tubes will most probably havent set in stone but 304 sched 40 will no doubt hold the heat, also it has low heat transfer wich in turn makes exhuast gas flow faster through it.I have been fabricating for abotu 5 years and my partner has been at it for about 25 years so there is no worry there

"Stainless grade 304 is an excelent choice--easily welded, crack resistant, and relativley east to work with" direct quote from maximum boost written by corky bell

here are some pics of a cage i put in a scca racecar

DSC00548.jpg

DSC00554.jpg

Guest dherde26
That's pipe. Use tube.

i would rather over build it than use liek sched 10 and have them underbuilt and crack

i am in the process of mock up right now with mild steel to ge the layout down and then i will build some stainless ones

Guest dherde26

well thanks for the interest and keep in comin folks

Thanks

Drew Herdeman

DREWFAB

also if there is anything else you guys might want let me know

If you want to gauge the interest in your products, you should post pictures of what you want to sell. Depending on your skills, your manifold could be worth nothing, or $1200. Schedule 40 pipe is way too thick. I just finished my manifold using schedule 10 stainless pipe and it weighs just as much as the stock cast manifold. Going to the larger pipe is just going to be a waste of weight.

Guest dherde26
If you want to gauge the interest in your products, you should post pictures of what you want to sell. Depending on your skills, your manifold could be worth nothing, or $1200. Schedule 40 pipe is way too thick. I just finished my manifold using schedule 10 stainless pipe and it weighs just as much as the stock cast manifold. Going to the larger pipe is just going to be a waste of weight.

ok...

thanks for the imput

A cheap and easy thing you may want to consider producing might be an external wastegate spacer to be used on the stock exhaust manifold. It would bolt on between the manifold and the turbo to allow the use of an external gate without having to weld on the stock manifold. A few members on this board have made these. You could offer it with any of the popular wastegate flanges. I priced the materials for this in stainless a while back and I think it came to about $60. Welding them together would take less than 10 mins each. You could probably sell them for about $100. Just a suggestion!

Aaron