HybridZ

fuel level gauge question

nazar

so if i was to install a 0-90ohm gauge to my stock sender which is like 8-88 or whatever, without any modification what will it even read? I dont care it if goes all the way to the empty or full, as long as i know where full and empty is wll be enough for me, will it still read at least something???

For example, if it gets stuck on 1/4 tank but its really empty, i wil know 1/4 tank is empty, simple as that, i just need something

If you are using a GM sensor, the stock gauge will read backwards. That is why I repainted the stock gauge's face. It was a bandaid to get the stock gauge to read somewhat close. I have since replaced all the gauges with autometer gauges.

why are you guuys using gm senders with stock gauges? Whats the point? Whats wrong with the stock sender? For now im using the stock sender with the stock gauge, dont want to go through the trouble of making anything else work, it works so why change it for now....ill just get stewart warner water and oil gauges

I guess I should give you all the info.

I'm running a fuel cell in the car. A nissan fuel sender in the cell was not an option. I knew I would eventually go to non stock gauges, so the GM sender was chosen. Hope that helps. If you are keeping the stock tank, the stock gauge and sender will sork just fine.

I would reccomend a surge tank and a second pump for the surge tank if you plan on anything like solo events or open track days.

I guess I should give you all the info.

I'm running a fuel cell in the car. A nissan fuel sender in the cell was not an option. I knew I would eventually go to non stock gauges' date=' so the GM sender was chosen. Hope that helps. If you are keeping the stock tank, the stock gauge and sender will sork just fine.

I would reccomend a surge tank and a second pump for the surge tank if you plan on anything like solo events or open track days.[/quote']

i have a sump and the tank was drilled instead of cut out for a natural baffle, it should work perfectly for the corners as well and keep the fuel in the sump

• 2 weeks later...