HybridZ

SR20DET Mounts, Driveshaft, and wiring info. Where?

waezsn

Where can I find them? I currently own a peakboost gt35r, S13. Im looking to go with a 240z Chassis. Along with swapping everything that I can from the s13 Chassis on over. Also does anyone make the driveshafts? Or would I have to custom make one? And as far as the wiring goes does anyone have any diagrams to save myself the hassle? I've also heard of Vildini Motorsports. Does anyone know how much they charge for mounts? PM me pricing. Thanks

Just joking. But really, you can use your original driveshaft. You will need to take it to any competent machine shop and have it shortened since you will mount the SR20DET much farther back than the L24. Vildini sells an engine cradle. It works well. The wiring info can be found on any SR20DET website and with links on this site. Search and you will find all the wiring info you need.

The engine cradle is not a solid mount. The cradle sits on the lip at the bottom of the engine bay. The engine then attached by way of the bracket on the motor to the rubber mount to the cradle. I cannot remember if it was the SR20DET rubber mount or the L28 rubber mount. If you search on this site, there are some good pictures of the Vildini mount.

Also, there is no L28 to SR20DET harness. You simply remove the old computer. You install the SR20DET computer and harness. You will need to splice power and grounds into the harness. If you hook up power correctly to the SR20DET ecu, you should be up and running. Right now, I am wrestling with this issue. I mistakenly hooked up switched power to my ECU. That is fine with the stock or programmed ECU. However, I switched to an APEXi Power FC. Every time I turn my car off, I lose my program and have to reprogram the car to get it to run with the Z32 MAF.

The engine cradle is not a solid mount. The cradle sits on the lip at the bottom of the engine bay. The engine then attached by way of the bracket on the motor to the rubber mount to the cradle. I cannot remember if it was the SR20DET rubber mount or the L28 rubber mount. If you search on this site' date=' there are some good pictures of the Vildini mount.

Also, there is no L28 to SR20DET harness. You simply remove the old computer. You install the SR20DET computer and harness. You will need to splice power and grounds into the harness. If you hook up power correctly to the SR20DET ecu, you should be up and running. Right now, I am wrestling with this issue. I mistakenly hooked up switched power to my ECU. That is fine with the stock or programmed ECU. However, I switched to an APEXi Power FC. Every time I turn my car off, I lose my program and have to reprogram the car to get it to run with the Z32 MAF.[/quote']

Even if I powered up the ECU. Where do I run the dash wires on the SR harness? And how about the transmission harness that runs to the starter, speedsensor, alternator, etc. Sorry about all the questions. I just want to see how easy of a swap this is before I jump into it.

Your power FC issue. I believe it is not saving because you are missing the ECU back-up power. It doesnt save the settings because it doesnt shut down properly. I am running a power FC setup also. Hope that helps you out.

All the engine wires you mentioned are on the SR20DET harness which you will use. The engine you have should have a harness that goes from the stock ecu to these engine components. These are the parts you will use. The dash wires are not used. The speedometer can be hooked into the transmission and used. None of the instruments from the 260 are capable of receiving a signal from the SR20DET ecu.

So there is a power back up available for the Power FC??? Do you have a part number?

All the engine wires you mentioned are on the SR20DET harness which you will use. The engine you have should have a harness that goes from the stock ecu to these engine components. These are the parts you will use. The dash wires are not used. The speedometer can be hooked into the transmission and used. None of the instruments from the 260 are capable of receiving a signal from the SR20DET ecu.

So there is a power back up available for the Power FC??? Do you have a part number?

Sounds kind of simple. The lower transmission harness with the Starter' date=' Alternator wires. Where would they run to on the Z chassis?

Here is the s13 SR pinout. #46 is the back-up power. Let me know if this helped you out. I will be running a Power FC also. I dont want to come across any problems.

[img']http://www.sequence-garage.com/forums/uploads/post-13-1099324851.gif[/img]

Does anyone know if a KA motor would bolt onto the SR engine cradle?? I need to know asap. Thanks in advance.

Braxton

Is this backup power thing something that is common to all engine managment systems? Or just the PowerFC? I really don't want some mundane detail like this coming to bite me in the butt later. Thanks.

Turns out that the power to the Apexi Power FC has to be on an additional relay which it holds open to shut down in a particular order. This is apparently an issue on every APEXi Power FC swapped SR20DET. They guys at APEXi immediately knew the problem. If it works (trying today) it is an easy fix.

OK, the relay to the APEXi did not work. What I had to do was put a power switch on the ECU which stays on after the engine shuts down. The only problem is that this keeps the Commander on. I think once I quit using the commander all the time, I can leave the switch on without power drain. I think the issue is actually a commander issue instead of a Power FC issue. It needs constant power as wired, but that results in the Commander draining charge with its lighted display.