HybridZ

Head Gasket Issues...

Well, the car has been smoking (steaming?) at idle for a couple days. Now I'm getting all kinds of bubbles in my coolant and losing a lot of coolant. I'm pretty sure the head gasket is blown and I need to replace it asap. At Advance Auto Parts and AutoZone, the only gaskets available are Felpro and Beck/Arnley. I have heard mostly bad things about Felpro gaskets, but nothing about the other brand. Can any of you tell me if Beck/Arnley is a decent brand to get? Also, any tips for the head gasket replacement procedure are welcome.

Go to a Nissan dealer or go to a machine shop. I can't speak to Nissan being the same as Beck/Arnley, that's the first time I've heard that one. If you go to a machine shop you should be able to get a Stone gasket. I only put Stone or Nissan gaskets in mine. I'd use a metal gasket too, just haven't needed one yet.

Well Jmortensen, I already ordered the Beck/Arnley gasket by the time I saw your post. I don't know what to think anymore... My friend Frankie from Z Performance Racing claimed that he uses nothing but Felpro head gaskets in all his high powered Z's and actually said that they're the best in his opinion when I spoke with him earlier.