HybridZ

Where on the intercooler piping should I place BOV?

george.bryant

Guest ON3GO

close to the T-body..

now i have had it both ways and never had a problem but next to the t-body is where most ppl say is the best location.

mike

Guest 280ZForce

usually is placed 8-12" before the throttle body, which is the charge pipe. but as long as it's anywhere on that pipe between the tb and the i/c u r good.

Placing a BOV near after the turbo before the intecooler is a better setup. I have placed a MAF sensor on the outlet of the BOV in both positions(near the throttle and right after the turbo). Placing it after the turbo results in higher flow measurements, thus the turbo doesn't slow down as much pushing air through the intercooler.

Regards,

Justin

Justin,

So because you are flowing more out of the BOV, ie, wasting more air, that the turbo then has to replace before the engine sees boost again, that is better?

Maybe if you had a turbo tacho log as well to show us that the turbo didn't in fact slow down as much, and a log over boost pressure as well to show us that the gear-change lag is shorter?

Dave

I can see benifits of having one on either side.

Near the TB; less lag, better throttle response under boost

Near the turbo; less preasure against the compressor wheel from the outlet side, maybe slightly better turbo life.

Just stating my observations.

The more work you make the turbo do, the more it will slow down between gear changes. That is where you lag will exist. When the compressor slows down and has to get back upto speed when you are full throttle again. The pressurization of the system is a very small portion of any inherent lag you will feel.