HybridZ

Installed LC-1 on friends truck today

mobythevan

So we got the LC-1 installed in his H-pipe, programmed analog output 1 to be 0-5volts and 10-20AFR. He is running MSnS_Extra024s9 code. Went into the .ini file and selected LC-1. Also changed the gauge settings in megatune so we had an AFR gauge in the main window and the VE tuning window. Worked great, got him tuned up, but didn't have time to turn on the AFR target tables. Have to save that for another day when we upgrade him to 029i code.

BTW, we added the 470 ohm current limiting resistor in line as recommend by Jerry at DIYautotune.

All went good except we didn't read the instructions and didn't put the terminator plug on the LC-1 so we couldn't get the laptop to connect.

Hoping to get megasquirt and the LC-1 on my Talon next weekend. Then I'll get the 3 digit AFR meter built for the dash.

Could you elaborate?

This was the email I got from Jerry at DIYautotune:

You can use either analog output from the LC-1, use a 470 ohm ¼ watt resistor inline with this output, and connect the other end of the resistor to the o2 input on the MegaSquirt. This resistor will limit the current the MS can draw from the LC-1 which can overdraw the LC-1’s DAC and cause problems.