HybridZ

My new Z

Well, the Z is in the driveway now, thanks to Sparks280zt for the shipping. There is one problem so far that I see, the previous owner snagged the battery after him and matt put the car on the dolly(cheap-***.) I believe I will go pick up a battery tommorrow or tnite if I get a chance.

BTW its a 78' 280z, I think its beutiful, it will deffinitly need some work, but mostly paint and body, but nothing major. Its got american racing wheel look-alikes, and the rear window louvers. Another thing that matt pointed out to me when he shipped it, is that the guy obviously never drove it, seeing as how he said it was a five-speed, and the only way it makes five-speed is if you count the reverse gear. But all in all, i am VERY happy with the car.

I will post some pics later on if I can get the camera out. THANKS again Matt, you were a HUGE help.

Chris anytime man. As far as underbody rust, you are in pretty descent shape. It is for sure going to need a passenger side pan, did you catch that? Your rails look good, you just might need a set of pans. Trust me, that car is ALOT ALOT ALOT more cleaner than the one i started with and the one 240hoke started with. So dont let the rust get you down, its all repairable. I would say get a welder and do it yourself. Anyways the body is pretty straight on that thing. The guy did admit that he did not drive it. I went back and read your posts where you said he stated the floor pans were solid. Well as i said, they arent. I would personally send him some pics of the hole in the passenger side pan and maybe ask for a couple hundred bucks back.

I got under it this morning and took a good look at it, it will need a bit of work, but im pretty decent at welding, just don't have a welder. I may bring it to my old school one of these days and take a closer look. The thing that I don't need right now is the down time, so im just gonna sit on it for a few weeks till i bring in a bit of bank.

I got under it this morning and took a good look at it, it will need a bit of work, but im pretty decent at welding, just don't have a welder. I may bring it to my old school one of these days and take a closer look. The thing that I don't need right now is the down time, so im just gonna sit on it for a few weeks till i bring in a bit of bank.

Pics brother...must see pics...:cuss:

Terry

i'll probly post pics tommorrow but I have a site where you can see them before I bought it http://www.twowizards.com/280

Hey matt, when you said it started, how did you get it started, i got the electrical all straightened out, and it cranks awesome, but it won't fire. What did you say the problem was?

Are the manual Z's supposed to start without pressing in the clutch pedal?