HybridZ

LS1 bump stick/valve spring upgrade help needed

rustrocket

While my engine is out of the car, i wanted to upgrade my valve springs, retainers, and camshaft.

I'm basically looking for somebody to show me how to do this this weekend before i get the engine mounted in there...

I dont have a valve spring compressor, cam install tool, or degree wheel, i'm hoping somebody has these or knows where to rent them for a day reasonably cheap.

I can compensate you for your time in the form of pizza, copious amounts of beer, and conversation...or cash.

please let me know if you can help.

thanks.

Hey Rustrocket!

Unless you have cut your heads down, the stock length will work (7.40). I HAVE a set of push rods, double coil springs and I think the retainers. All brand new from TS&P. I bought a cam package. Used the cam and went with AFR 205 heads that I cut down. Let me know. You are pretty close to me, I live in Concord and my shop is in Orinda! POPNWOOD is right I missed a shift racing and bent a push rod (oem). Brand on the new ones... I can get back to you on that one, forgetting.

JOEY

ls1 z, thanks for the offer. i might take you up on the pushrods for the right price, but i already bought a set of springs and titanium retainers.

unfortunately, i dont have a way to get my motor down there, but do you have a valve spring compressor, and something to stop the lifters from falling down while the cam is out, that you'd be willing to let me borrow?

also, do you do ecu tuning?

thanks.