HybridZ

Wheels sizes

Guest 260ondubs

Guest 260ondubs

Hi all (I hope i've put this in the correct section)

Okay, I finished my Zed project a little while ago but haven't taken it to the track yet to see what kind of ET's I will get. I hadn't taken it yet because the Zed was also my daily driver. Now that i've bought a JZA80, i'm using that as my daily, so i'm sorta free to "break something" in the Z. Hopefull there shouldn't be a problem, but if there is I can at least still drive to work.

Now, my question; I could just go to the track with my radials (17 inch) 235/45/17 on the back and play with tyre pressures and see how I go. But, a friend of mine says he has some 13 inch Azenis semi-slicks that I could use if I want to really try for the best ET. They are mounted on rims that fit a 70's Chrysler Galant (don't know if you have them in the USA). My friend thinks that the PCD is the same (will bolt up), but will the 13" rims go on my 260Z (it still has stock drums up rear)? 13" (I think 8" wide) fit over 260Z drums? Anyone?

Guest 260ondubs

Thanks.... I can't measure them because the wheels need to be sent over from his old place interstate. I may just go on the street tires so it is a easier night for me to manage. I really hope I don't break something..... If I do, it's going to be the R180 or the half-shafts... I guess. They are the weak points.

If it is stock I believe the drums fit fine and you need to grind for clearance on the front calipers. I had looked into running 13's at one point and I was able to fit them on front and back, but I had already swapped in 280ZX rear disks by that point. I have seen an ITS 280Z race car with 13's on it, but I understand some of those guys use the cast iron 510 drums so I don't know if that allows more clearance or not.