HybridZ

Opinions requested: colors of trim?

mikeatrpi

Hi! I'm finally _almost_ ready to paint my '82 coupe. The car will be black, and I've already sprayed black bedliner on the front air dam, rockers and lower rear quarter panels for quick touchups from rock chips. I need to decide what to paint the bumpers, bumper extension trim, mirrors, wiper arms and cowl and hood vents with.

I'm thinking body color bumpers, trim and mirrors, and flat black wiper arms and vents. Another option I've considered is satin black on the bumpers.

Thanks for any suggestions. This picture was taken last weekend. Don't worry I have a new hood in my basement!

IM001711.sized.jpg

I'm a big fan of the satin black look, but are you thinking of painting the entire bumper black...? Those bumpers are much bigger/different than early Z bumpers.....

Actually, since you're going to paint the car black maybe the bumpers and mirrors should match the bady and leave the satin black for the wipers and vents....