HybridZ

Clarify some collector car insurance restrictions?

93TA

My confusion is mostly about your "second car". If a collector car policy requires you to be insured on a second car ALSO, what qualifies for that second car.

My situation if I get a Z will be this...

I'd have the Z, drive VERY minimal miles, usually only ONE-MILE trips between my dorm and house. My family also owns a 97 Suburban, a 95 Volvo 960 (recently out of commission due to piston slap!), and a 2000 Kia Sephia (POS). Anyway, me, my mom, dad, and sister are all insured as drivers on all 3 of those cars. Is that enough for me to qualify for the collector car policy, or do I personally need to buy a second driveable car to insure myself under?

It depends on the insurance company. I don't think Hagerty would go for it, three cars for four drivers. And they state clearly that the classic car they insure can't be used for commuting to and from work or school.

My policy with them has no mileage limitations but clearly states how the car can be used.

I looked into insurance with a company called JC Taylor. They were dirt cheap, but said I could only use the car for parades and club events. They said my insurance would be no good if I decided to make a quick run to the store on a weekend.

Ended up getting regular insurance with Gieco for $300/year.

I looked into insurance with a company called JC Taylor. They were dirt cheap' date=' but said I could only use the car for parades and club events. They said my insurance would be no good if I decided to make a quick run to the store on a weekend.

Ended up getting regular insurance with Gieco for $300/year.[/quote']

heh. didn't you hear, I am the only member of my area's z club and we were going to the parts store today!

Guest BiltWel

I am laughing with bloz up

"heh. didn't you hear, I am the only member of my area's z club and we were going to the parts store today!"

Don't forget those 20% discounts at the dealers either.