HybridZ

Olderthanme's early 260 worklog(run 56k!!!)

OlderThanMe

looking at some of the older pics it looks as if I lowered the rear of the car about 3/4". I lowered the front about 1.5" from it's really high position. I turned the rear illuminas to 3 and the fronts to 4 and that was really nice. You would think that is how the car was supposed to be in the first place.

I am really satisfied with the suspension for now. just need new balljoints.

Something I did completely eleminated the wobble I had in the steering wheel. Maybe because I put a differently balanced wheel on the front this time.

lol...you don't want to know how I mounted the camera...

here I go anyway...I found this little 3.5" LCD screen monitor mount and took the screen off of the threaded bolt and put the camera on. The video is actually upside down so I had to mirror it horizontally and vertically to get it right. Then I seriously downgraded it to web quality.

oh yeah...I just crammed that LCD screen mount in behind the slot above the mirror that the headliner goes into...and then shimmed it up to be solid...well just crammed a piece of plastic behind it...lol

Thanks...my camera is an exelim ex-s500 5 megapixel camera. it is one of those that is the size of a credit card and .5 inches thick.

the first 15 seconds are on 5 cylinders...for some reason it takes a while before that last piston kicks in...sorta worried about that...it sounds rough like that in the beginning for a little bit until it gets good and warm.

Ok that makes it a bit clearer. The hot setup would be to take a spare rearview mirror stem, cut the mirror balljoint off and weld on a cam mount. Those stems just snap in and out so it would be easily interchangeable and real solid. I might actually do that. I overlubed my mirror ball joint and have little choice but to get a new mirror since mine won't stay in place now.

hmm...interesting idea...what kind of metal is the mirror arm made of? I would think it is steel which would make it easy...or you could just make a mount onto a regular mirror. I think that would not be as steady though. My method seems pretty steady. I just want to make a permanent mount where it mounts the camera right-side-up.

no longer the slowest Z ever produced...BWAHAHAHAHAHA

well actually the late 74 would be the slowest...I should say "no longer the next to slowest Z ever produced"...

have you tried welding chromium steel with TIG??? I have...

fumes and the welds won't hold...it is called raking out a BMX mongoose neck...lol don't ask...we weren't trying to make a lowrider bike...I promise. And it did not have a truck bed liner paint job...I know this for a fact...lol

Ha. I'll take your word on it. I can only weld MIG and SMA, and not that well. I get the fumes thing though. Worked at a school bus factory and the boss made me weld on galvanized all day with no ventilation. Went home and was shaking uncontrollably all night and real weak. Where's OHSHA when you need em?

you could have called them up...I would have refused to weld on galvanized...I would have quit first or called OSHA in...they have a hotline number you can call anonomously(sp?)...

I welded on that bike while holding my breath and very good ventalation