HybridZ

q45 light

DrEaM

ok guys just bear with me on this one, now there's alot of guys talking about hid headlight upgrades and all that other good stuff so yeah, if you didn't know the infiniti q45 has the worlds most powerful headlights but at the same time they aren't blinding to oncomming traffic so check this out...........

http://www.burtmanindustries.com/q45/q45.html so i'm going to get to my point, just for giggles and grins i was searching e-bay for q45 headlights and i found out that they are MUCH cheaper then bmw lights, the reason for all the projectors is because they all have different functions the middle is for reg. light the bottom is for fog lights and the top is for your high beam if i'm correct i don't know anyways i was just wondering if anyone has done this to a 7'round light b4 i have pics of them on a mr2 so check them out and let me know what you think and in other countries the q45 is called the nissan cima or president

q45 light_thumb.jpg

mr2two_thumb.jpg

mr2three_thumb.jpg

mr2one_thumb.jpg

Guest ON3GO

they have been put in a Fog light of some sort, it was in japan and the car if i remember correctly was a WRX and he used them as fog lights.

he put them in a 5in or so round light and they were brighter then his reg driving lights.

couldnt read the write up and etc because it was in jap...

its also been talked about before on this site, alot of people love those lights and many ppl talked about doing it, i just dont know if anybody has yet.

i have a pair of those headlights in storage though..

mike

HID uses a special gas to ignite, it requires somewheres around like 20k volts to initially light it up, after that it draws less current than a normal halogen headlight. So I'm pretty sure an LED can't be HID but, they could shape the HID bulbs differently to look light LEDs.

-Ed

Hi,

Here is a link to a website that has converted these lights into a Toyota, it was in Japanese but hopefully it is now translated.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://cgi30.plala.or.jp/soaristo/cgi-bin/imDCIMG/im_dcman.cgi%3Fmode%3Dcontent&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dcima%2Bmulti%2Bprojector%2Bheadlight%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26rls%3DGGLD,GGLD:2004-19,GGLD:en

I have also seen these headlights in a white s30 in Japan, I have a picture of it on my bench at work, I am not sure where I found it on the web but I will try and find it.

Rob

you guys see what i mean!!! thos lights would look pretty good on a z car!!!, i would love to see how they would look, i think when i get my car back from the shop in about FOREVER from now i'm seriously going to try and hook those up, i think it would be pretty tight, and no hid- and led's are different the new lexus ls430h has them, the biggest problem with leds was that it was hard to get them to produce enought light to shine on the road without putting hundreds of them in a bundle, anyways lincoln had the concept and as usuall lexus had the balls to actually produce them on a street legal car

reading through stuff over at hidplanet.com, they dont see these as an upgrade over other cars with stock hid's, infact people who do change their stock projectors for these say they'd be better off with the stock ones just these look special, which i'd have to agree with :D

the one swap/part i'd really like to swap mine with besides bi-xenons would be to get the 300c front bezel bit, as it has that nice tri spoke thingy happening and is actully circular, and possibly even 7"?

300c-%20headlights.jpg

just for giggles and grins i was searching e-bay for q45 headlights and i found out that they are MUCH cheaper then bmw lights

There was only one on ebay that I found and it was going for $600 for one rh side headlight. still a bit pricey for me for JUST ONE HEADLIGHT, no electronics. I've seen BMW HID headlights for as low as $100 (for only one side and just the headlight though, but would work in a Z) and a BMW HID conversion kit I've seen go for about $200.

There was only one on ebay that I found and it was going for $600 for one rh side headlight. still a bit pricey for me for JUST ONE HEADLIGHT, no electronics. I've seen BMW HID headlights for as low as $100 (for only one side and just the headlight though, but would work in a Z) and a BMW HID conversion kit I've seen go for about $200.

u see i guess you just have to catch them at the right times, when i first made this post there was a set of two of them w electronics for 300 and change, i also saw one for 92 dollars but i don't think it had electronics or had a buy it now price so it was probly just staring the bids and stuff

if your serious about getting the best lights for your money etc read over at hidplanet, i've only read it a bit as i dont have the time, and am more than happy enough with my lights, but they seem to mix and match different lenses with different reflectors and eletonics to get the best overall headlights, like s2000 projectors with bmw electronics and some other companies globe holder bit etc to get nicer light cutoffs etc

the one bit i've read glimpses of that interests me is something about colour modifications to change to colour refraction at the cutoff and something to do with putting washers in to space the projector out further on various lights including the ones i have...i think

either way any light upgrade is better than stock, and for high beams you could always have some driving lights pointing up nice and high, as you need to remember for bi-xenons it takes awhile for it to move the motor generally.

also retrofits are illegal, and most of the cars they are done on can semi get away with it as they can appear semi stock, but no matter how well we do the retrofitting our cars being 30yrs old is a dead giveaway that the hid's are not stock!...although in saying that i nearly ran down a cop standing in the middle of the road (as it was closed just around a blind corner) one night and he didnt give me any greif, just told me to do the recommened speed around corners! (not the speed limit like he thought i was doing, little does he know muhahaha)