HybridZ

AZ Car Piston Dimensions, anyone?

Guest 73Turbo240z

Guest 73Turbo240z

I'm doing a little futzing around with the LENGINE calc, and there is no provision for the AZC pistons which i'm running, i manually punched in the 87mm diameter, there flat top so there is no piston CC, but i do not know the pin height or the Rod/Stroke ration... anyone able to help out on that info?

I'm doing a little futzing around with the LENGINE calc, and there is no provision for the AZC pistons which i'm running, i manually punched in the 87mm diameter, there flat top so there is no piston CC, but i do not know the pin height or the Rod/Stroke ration... anyone able to help out on that info?

Excuse me if I'm a little confused, but I guess you have these pistons in a running engine right now???

If this is the case, would the program not give you these dimensions depending on the engine configuration you have. Either L24, or L26, or L28.

If you have these pistons in an L28 for example, I guess you would know if you have L28 rods & crank or not and if you have, the program gives you all that information, or at least mine does.

Cheers,

Guest 73Turbo240z
Excuse me if I'm a little confused' date=' but I guess you have these pistons in a running engine right now???

If this is the case, would the program not give you these dimensions depending on the engine configuration you have. Either L24, or L26, or L28.

If you have these pistons in an L28 for example, I guess you would know if you have L28 rods & crank or not and if you have, the program gives you all that information, or at least mine does.

Cheers,[/quote']

I know everything about the motor, except the wrist pin and rod/stroke ratio... it's a F54 block on L28 crank w/ L24 rods, the AZC pistons are 87mm, the only data that i don't have is the wrist pin height, which would give me the R/S ratio as well.

make more sense now?

email dave. He of all people would know.

Shot him a couple e-mails, never got a response.

Which engine building program/website are you using? A few months ago atlanticz.ca had a web-based one with the pistons in question listed as one of the options. Now all I see is a java based one and the standard Lengine building tool.

http://www.ozdat.com/ozdatonline/enginedesign

Uses javascript, not java.

You can roughly work it out by selecting what you have on the website and altering piston pin height until deck clearance is 0. Assuming this is what the pistons were built for. At a guess I'd say as the L24 rods are 3mm longer than the L28 rods, the pin height will be around 35.1mm.

Dave

Guest 73Turbo240z
:icon6: If you have the L-24 rods in the block. Then you must have the LD-28 crank in it. The L-28 crank will not work that well with the L-24 rods. Just some more info for you.

Works well enough to beat modded 03-04 cobras it seems?

The rod/stroke ratio has nothing to do with the pin height. It has to do with the rod length divided by the stroke. Since you're using L28 crank and L24 rods, 133/79 = r/s ratio. You'd be looking at a r/s ratio of 1.683544303xxxxx

As to the pin height, that I'm not sure of. You could back track it if you knew how far the pistons came up over the deck. Other than that they could be flush and could pop up a bit, just depends on how Dave orders them.