HybridZ

BransonZfest weekend what a time we had!

dsommer

I’d just like to share this with the Hybridz family. I attended Branson Zfest over the weekend with my wife and the 4 month old twinz, Simon and Elijah. First off BIG thanks to my wife for putting up with my obsession of these cars, second thanks to her for transporting the boys over at 3am so we could all be there as a family. A quick word of advice to all new parents, I would not recommend taking infants to car shows, period. It was a hassle but well worth it in the end.

Pound9oh9z made it over too was good to see ya again bud!!!

The Branson show is strictly a people’s choice, one vote per participant, top 4 cars. I have been doing little things to the Scarab in preparation for this show for a few months (remember I have very little free time since the twinz demand our constant attention!) So what I did was clean up the car, put clear lenses on the corners and front turn signals (Too intense restoration thanks!) change the plugs and oil, put some new Edelbrock Elite series valve covers on (vintage Edelbrock ribbed ones won’t fit with the full roller rockers, darn.)

Well at the banquet we were the last ones to arrive to a packed dinning hall, not a seat in sight for mom and dad toting twins in infant car carriers, the bar was empty so we set up there (there goes dad of the year award, sitting at a bar with my twinz haha)

I knew the car was clean and garnered a lot of attention during the show but wasn’t quite sure how much attention because there were a LOT of nice cars there! As they called out the fourth place winner I was a bit let down, we didn’t make the cut. Then third, nope not us either, second…my hopes had all but gone out the door, then first place peoples choice was announced…the winners David and Lisa Sommer!!! I was elated I was holding Elijah in my arms when they announced it and took him up with me to collect our award. Wow what a weekend!!!! Thanks Lisa!!!!

Pics courtesy of TC at Zmods.org

bran_0503.jpg

bran_0502.jpg

D -

Congrats! Well deserved from the look of it. Anyone take pics of the event like last year? BTW, I think that we may end up being semi-neighbors. Looks like our house has sold, so we're looking a home just down the road from you - off of Bellview.

Once the move is done I'll give you a shout.

Bryan

Dat240zg

David,

Congratulations!! My highest respect to Lisa for supporting you through this. It takesx a very special woman to do that - but after what she put herself through just to have the twinz this must have been a joyful walk thorugh the park! I am so happy for the both of you.

Bill

Guest tony78_280z
Well at the banquet we were the last ones to arrive to a packed dinning hall, not a seat in sight for mom and dad toting twins in infant car carriers, the bar was empty so we set up there (there goes dad of the year award, sitting at a bar with my twinz haha)[/size']
You could have sat by us. There was a mostly empty table right by the door. The wife and I, and two other people were the only ones at the table. There were at least 5 empty salad plates. I guess, since it was right by the door, nobody saw us. Which is probably why we got such poor service from the staff.

Loved the car, it got my vote. Pretty and clean. I loved the hood!

It was probably your personality that won most of the votes though. It was a pleasure to chat with you Friday Night.

Congratulations David on the win! And for having such an understanding wife!! :iagree:

I couldn't make it there this year (drat), but got a report on it from Steve Fowler this morning. Sounded like it went well with a good turnout.

I am hoping you, Bryan, and I can get together some weekend to talk Z's.:beatdeadh

Give me a shout sometime--:icon7:

4jim@cox.net :newbie:

Jim Daniels

"Zup"