HybridZ

supercharger options

Z24O

hi guys,

anyone got any advice on which roots/screw superchargers will fit on an 86-93 302 windsor?

it seems you can get the eaton 112 s/c fairly cheaply secondhand with low mileage,few kenne bells and whipple/opcons on e-bay as well but the intake manifold sems to be the stumbling block in most cases...was wondering if anyone's adapted anything to fit

any info appreciated

regards

paul

ps not really interested in fitting a centrifugal s/c until i've exhausted other options.....also have EMS capable of running crank angle sensor instead of distributor(as it's in the wrong spot for most of the above options)

• 2 weeks later...

g'day S30....

after exhausting my search for a blower for a windsor it looks like i will be going twin turbo...probably a couple of r33 skyline turbos off the rb25DET motor...........i am also thinking of LPG so that i can raise the compression ratio to assist with off boost(low rev) torque

let me know if you have any input

thanks

paul

yeah that seems like a good way to go. Im building a 5L NA windsor and im also planning to go strait gas. I'm thinking of either using an impco 450 carb or a twin throttle boddie gas research carb (but that company is hard to get hold of). Are you planning on running a manual or auto, i hear that manuals have a problem with backfireing which isn't so bad for me because im running normally asperated, but if your running turbos this could cause a problem

• 2 weeks later...

blowzilla....is that the kenne bell s/c? if so have heard they are good but pricey

i have got a twin GRA 400 carbies and twin B2 converters,one of my concerns is if the single gas outlet from the tank will supply enough fuel to support 500hp+

my other dilemma is whether i need to go EMS to manage the timing....i have a spare wolf 3D but was hoping to keep things simple if possible,possibly get the dizzy regraphed?

any comments/ideas welcomed

paul

by twin GRA carbies, do u mean gas research? how much do thoes this retail for?

g'day s30

yes they are gas research australia carbies......got the entire set up for $700 off an xf ute (250c.i turbo running 11's)

i already have a boss 302(not windsor/cleveland) and older steel cased model supra 5 speed in the car, and have the 302 windsor(previously single turbo) and new model supra 5 speed waiting in the wings

i am going auto so will be getting rid of the manual

i am very impressed with the strength of the supra gearboxes,even the old model one is as good as new despite several diffs giving up the ghost(courtesy of one of previous owners)

they both fit in the existing trans tunnel

how far you got with your conversion?

will it be street legal in victoria?

what are you doing for brake upgrade?i've got valiant alloy calipers and ventilated discs up front with r31 skyline discs on rear on my rb30t 240z

and i have vt commodore discs/calipers up front on the v8 240

what are you doing for a diff?i am going lsd r200 on the v8....not sure whether quaife/viscous/clsd....probably the former for strength and low maintenance

pic of my boss 302 240z below

paul

z_thumb.jpg

Hey mate

Currently ive got the engine mounted and tranny mounted but i still have to build the motor. Im planning on going with afr heads and im aiming at 400bhp. im also useing a ba xr8 5speed. It will be street legal. I havent given much thought yet about what im going to do with the suspension or brakes yet. I have a 5week holiday coming up and hopefully i can get alot of work done over this winter break.

btw: your car looks awesome have you got more pics?

-how many zeds do you have, whats the set up like on your rb30 zed?

-Have you had any problems running the lpg with a manual box (backfireing etc)?

Cheers

Hey mate

Currently ive got the engine mounted and tranny mounted but i still have to build the motor. Im planning on going with afr heads and im aiming at 400bhp. im also useing a ba xr8 5speed. It will be street legal. I havent given much thought yet about what im going to do with the suspension or brakes yet. I have a 5week holiday coming up and hopefully i can get alot of work done over this winter break.

btw: your car looks awesome have you got more pics?

-how many zeds do you have' date=' whats the set up like on your rb30 zed?

-Have you had any problems running the lpg with a manual box (backfireing etc)?

Cheers[/quote'] i've got 3x240z

silver one's got the boss n/a 302 and celica steel case 5 speed currently.....i've got the 302 turbo to go in(bought it off a guy that had it in a 260 2+2 with a single turbo on it....i've got a couple of bb turbos off the rb25 skylines as well as the twin gra gas set up)it's got the latest supra 5 speed behind it but i'm going auto(probably AOD)

black ones got an rb30et...wolf 3d,fmic,T3,bosch 044,etc....with the vl turbo 5 speed....also got a strengthened jatco and high stall to go in....i'm over manuals,you are reaching for gears too quickly when it's on boost

the other one is standard but needs a resto or an injection of horsepower!!

any increase in horsepower needs better brakes,mainly front(i have used vented dba rotors ala valiant redrilled for datsun 4 stud with alloy calipers,as well as vt commodore with redrilled calipers/discs on the silver one....need 15"wheels

i have r31 skyline discs on the back mainly in case i sheer a stub axle so the wheel doesn't fly off!!

i'm in the process of putting an r200 quaife lsd behind the V8....haven't decided on a ratio yet

also looking at stiffening the chassis on that car....not sure which way to go there yet....ANYONE GOT ANY SUGGESTIONS?

send me your email addy and i'll send you some pics

regards

paul

trying to decide whether to get a nissan r32 gtr and sell my rb30et z atm??

also just bought a mexico short block in case the turbo one grenades over 500hp,lol

i've got 3x240z

silver one's got the boss n/a 302 and celica steel case 5 speed currently.....

hello,

i was wondering how you bolted the celica trans to the 302?

is there a company that makes the proper bell housing?

i was looking into the supra r154 trans behind a 302/5.0 injected

any info would be great thanks!

hi

the guy i got the motor off bought the bellhousing from the states at a cost of $1500!!!,custom HD clutch was another $600,and the box (r154)was new from japan and was $1500 with shifter......the whole lot has done less than 1000km

i am selling the lot for $2500 in australia if anyones interested

not sure about the celica box/bellhousing,it was in the car when i got it

as i mentioned this box has taken some real punishment since mid 80's and still drives like new....a testimony to the strength of toyota gearboxes,the r154 i'd imagine would be even stronger with ratios to suit Z/v8

regards

paul

hello' date='

i was wondering how you bolted the celica trans to the 302?

is there a company that makes the proper bell housing?

i was looking into the supra r154 trans behind a 302/5.0 injected

any info would be great thanks![/quote']

• 2 weeks later...
how about an Eaton 112 siting in Utah for somwhere around five hundred got it don't need it running a 90cid Eaton

thanks andy

considered this but the manifold and distributor position pose some questions.............anyone done it?