HybridZ

The Welder Lives!

Some-Guy

mini-100_0402.jpg

mini-100_0401.jpg

mini-100_0400.jpg

mini-100_0399.jpg

So boys the welder lives and works!!! kind of...... now I know why they said minum 5hp

The first time around the alternator was Too small and died.took that one back told em it didnt work heh heh good ole crappy tire... So this time we went and got a used 88 dakota 120 amp one WORKS GREAT. You can start a good solid bead at around 80 volts and it builds to about 12 amps and the motor STOPS DEAD.... So saturday we're going to go get a 10hp motor and we'll run a full bead more than just a little puttle!

The dimmer switch switch to control the voltage to the motor works really good except that it draws about 45 amps and gets so fricken hot you cant touch it as I found out......... will find another one of those on saturday too

alright Ill get some more pics out on sat.

Mike,

I got it working makes 110 amps at around 130 volts its pretty wild i can plow 5/32 right through 3/16 plate like its butter!!! we got abit drunk today and fashioned a 'cart' out of that shopping cart ill post pics of the machine all setup and ready to weld tomorow its pretty awesome!