HybridZ

RB26 casting numbers (block)

Does anyone out there know what years the various R32/33 block casting numbers are? I tired searching our great forum - but no success on the block numbering system.

I've read that some of the late model R32 blocks included the revised crank shaft - is that true? would anyone know when this change occured (based on the block cast)?

thanks

Q

No VIN number - I'll be pulling pan, water pump, etc. soon. I was just hoping I could determine which oil pump to order - but it looks like wrench time to decide that.

I will let you guys know what I find out. Thanks for the input.

Q

The guy I got my motor from said that it is the updated R32. I checked the number on my block and it is RB26-0365418A. I haven't pulled the oil pump out yet but hope it is the updated one.

If not, anyone know where can the update kit be purchased? I believe it's the crank collar.

Henry

The guy I got my motor from said that it is the updated R32. I checked the number on my block and it is RB26-0365418A. I haven't pulled the oil pump out yet but hope it is the updated one.

If not' date=' anyone know where can the update kit be purchased? I believe it's the crank collar.

Henry[/quote']

JUN makes an upgraded crank collar.

Guest JAMIE T

I will have oil pump drive collars available soon. Hopefully in the next few weeks depending on the machine shop. They'll be held inplace with set screws so you will need to drill and tap two small holes to hold the collar firmly in place. The JUN unit works the same way. I will probably offer a fixture with drill bushings to drill and tap the holes accurately.

Another one?! LOL. I still have the one I got from you!

I bought another RB26 for parts. I keep collecting to much stuff. My enemy is the same as yours...Time to do anything!

Also, I would be interested in one of your collars. My RB30 crank will need one.