HybridZ

Thermo wiring

Alright Car is 1976 280z

Heres the thing i recently did an engine swap and swapped my old intake onto the new engine. (all wiring is the same)

but theres one connector that i have no idea where it goes

Its on a single harness the two cables are yellow and green

I know one goes into the thermo no idea where the other goes

basicly its two wires that merge into a signle holder for them its connected to the egr harness aswell

I don't remember my car having an egr harness, but in that general area, the next closest thing with an electrical connector (besides an injector of course) would be the idle air control valve. Its the thing with a rubber hose going to the throttle body, and another one that has T on it. The connector goes underneath the hose going to the TB.

If thats not it, my next guess would be that you are talking about the coldstart valve, but this is a pretty obvious connection, and It would be hard to miss.

Note: the car will run without those wires connected.

stick a voltmeter into it and see if it has power. If it does... start pulling fuses till it doesn't, that should limit your search considerably if everything is wired stock as you imply it is. but yellow and green makes me think a gauge. most power wires are red and white.

-Ed