HybridZ

I Smashed MY Z

Okay Z

Well,I totaled my baby yesterday[1984 Turbo,I was giving a buddy a ride from school when all of a sudden the car stareted halting,it was like you left it in gear and didn't hit the gas,stalling.anyhow I hit the gas and it stuttered for a second and worked fine,almost like it coughed out a plog.Well I thought I'd better look at this when I get home,so I droped my buddy offf at his house,and left.I got maybe a block and was stopping for a stop sighn I was really close and all of a sudden it did the same thing,I hit the gas twice and all of a sudden it took off[it was rainy to it was slick]and whent across the interscection,hitting some guy in a beat up ford car.He's fine and I'm unfortunatly alive,

The worst part is it died the way any car could go,I mean I would have felt better if I had smashed it up while racing and had hit something then or killed it screwing around but it died an unwothy death.

When I got home I called my buddy who helps me work on my car[or did]and he came over and looked at it we pride the hood off and looked down into the engine bay.THe whole front end is smashed and bent and the frame is F!#!,so it's totaled,from the engine and back it appears all is oK.engine looks fine,

My options are

1 find a body with a bad or no engine and put my engine and turbo in[pretty hard as I can't find any Z's around here that arn't colectors anmd cost a ton finding one I could afford here was pure luck.]

2 part out my car engine tranny,windows,tires ect and buy a new car.

3 If I buy a new car My buddy thought of these as they are kinda like the Z fast fun,nice looking sports car and reletivly cheap,240sx,or an RX 7 with a bad motor and swap a ford 302 in it.

I like the looks of the 240sx and they are cheaper,in fact my buddy has another friend that is selling his,after puting new tires and a new suspention kit for like 800.I havn't looked at it yet,he says it's a bit rough.

He's selling it becouse he's getting married and she is making him sell it I guess.The problem is it's not a Z,and they only have a 4 bangeer in them,I know some people put a turbo engine{forget the the numbers of it]but they are imported from Japan[sounds costly.The upside is they are small light and are manuverable,and kinda a z car[younger brother or son]and I have heard of people puting in the vg30et into the 240sx.SO maybe I could swap my engine into the 240sx[after rebuilding it with a couple of the cheaper power mods,even if I don't the stock power of 240ish RWHP Should make that little sucker go.I don't know how hard that would be to do though.

I don't like the Rx7 looks as much and they cost more,but it's super easy to put a for 302 in them and a v8 small block would have a decent ammount of power to make a lightweight car like the Rx7 Go,soI might go for it.

I guess I 'd like a z body first or a 300z with a bad motor so I can afford it[prferably an 87-89]then a 240z or 280z with a bad moror or running if I can afford it.

I'd do a v8 swap if I got a 240z or 280z.then my other choice a 240sx and either turbo it or put the vg30et.My Last choice [mostly I'd get it it if I just happend to find one cheap]RX7 and put the 302 ford in it.

If anybody can think of another choice or of a used z or 240sx in Michigan let me know.Thanks.