HybridZ

Anyone using MSD-2225 for 300+ HP?

According to my wideband I'm running lean at 4000 RPM and 10 psi. My injectors are 480cc and have been flow tested. On boost I have my fuel maps set to 10:1 A/F for testing purposes. Regardless of how I program the maps, It leans to about 13:1 or more at above 4000 RPM.

I'm thinking that my fuel pump is bad or inadequate. It's a MSD 2225. According to MSD, it should flow 45 gal/hr @ 60 psi and 13.5 volts. This should be plenty for my application (see sig). MSD does not take into account fuel filter restriction though which could make this specification lower.

I have a bosch pump off a porsche that I can test, but I would like to hear of anyone having success or failures with the MSD pump. Thanks

I use the MSD 2225 - It will make up for a lack of pump capacity, up to a point.

If your fuel pressure is reading base setting + boost in the high load areas, though, I would say that you should look somewhere else. At 10 psi you should not be maxing out the 460cc injectors....

What fuel management are you using? Never mind - just went back and looked at your sig.

• 2 weeks later...

Are you hitting the metering limit of the AFM? I have a 2225 in my car with no problems at my power level, but I am running a LP pump/surge tank to supply the high pressure pump. That may make a difference as it doesn't have to suck the fuel up out of the tank, it has positive head pressure on the inlet.

Doug