HybridZ

Belt driven what?

CruxGNZ

Just another supercharger! The question I would be asking is, are the bearings on the alternator capable of handling the additional load of the supercharger? My quess is.....not for long!

And how many rotations per 1 rotation of the pulley. My guess would be 1:1, the vortech s/c have a 5:1 and there bearings are made to handle the addition sideward load of a pulley.

I give that thing 400 miles before it craps out.

And how many rotations per 1 rotation of the pulley. My guess would be 1:1' date=' the vortech s/c have a 5:1 and there bearings are made to handle the addition sideward load of a pulley.

I give that thing 400 miles before it craps out.[/quote']

Judging from the photo of the unit, it looks to be about 2:1 ratio. One rotation of the alternator to two revolutions of the SC. At this ratio the SC boost is likely around (and I'm quessing here) 5 pounds at best. I'll be a bit more optimistic and say 4000 miles til you need some R&R. Clever installation if you ignore the extra load on the alternator bearings. They could have addessed this issue by adding an additional bearing (that will handle the load) installed in the mounting bracket. Oh well!!!

I have 2 questions on this, please clue me in.

1. What model of turbo do you all think this is?

2. Couldnt you use the airconditioning mount on the VG30 instead of the alternator? that would put it right next to the intake.

It would seem to me that you could have the brackets made to accomplish this, but hey, ive never held a turbo in my hands before :) and not have to pay the high costs...

How much does a junk yard turbo go for?

A long time ago, about 17 years ago actually, me and my friend actually thought what about the blower motor from an old 70's Cadillac, but that was as far as it went. This appears to be much for feasible for the budget concious person.