HybridZ

Help, I need con rod info!

Hey fella's I'm hoping your varied knowledge will help me out! I have a rotating assembly with one bad rod. The rod is a Chev, 6" H-beam, 2" journal, with Arp 8740 bolts. It weighs 750-760 grams. It has no name on it but has the letters XB and the numbers 2617 on the side of the big end.

I have been searching the web for the manufacturer with no luck. Does anyone have any ideas who might make it? If you can give me names of Rod manufacturers I can check them out. I have checked with Eagle, Carrillo, and Scat. Who else makes H-beam rods?

Thanks for any help!

John D. :icon5:

Childs and Albert make H-Beam rods also. If no luck I have a set for sell, mine are not H-beam, they are Super Sport Rods used, and are full floating 6" inch rod for a Chevy 350.

John

Hey fella's I'm hoping your varied knowledge will help me out! I have a rotating assembly with one bad rod. The rod is a Chev' date=' 6" H-beam, 2" journal, with Arp 8740 bolts. It weighs 750-760 grams. It has no name on it but has the letters XB and the numbers 2617 on the side of the big end.

I have been searching the web for the manufacturer with no luck. Does anyone have any ideas who might make it? If you can give me names of Rod manufacturers I can check them out. I have checked with Eagle, Carrillo, and Scat. Who else makes H-beam rods?

Thanks for any help!

John D. :icon5:[/quote']

You could call all the connecting rod makers back and try to find a H-beam rod that's close to 750-760 grams and balance it to the rest of the 7 rods. All of the manufacturers usually have a weight chart of there rods. As long as it's as close as you can make it, I doubt that the balance will be off that much. I know that SCAT balances their rod sets to +/- 2 grams. And I got my machine shop to balance them to within 1/2 gram. Just my 2.