HybridZ

89 ish n/a auto supra for $350

Guest dirtbike daron

Guest dirtbike daron

so i found a 89 n/a auto supra for $350 that needs a water pump and a little tlc. My main focus is its motor for my 73 Z but id probably end up swaping other parts also. Is the motor easily turboable and adaptable to a 5 speed? My plan would be to get rid of all the stock wiring and all the useless auto junk and use sds and probably end up using very few stock motor components ... but is the 7mgte very different?(block, head, pistons, etc.) id love some info on this. thanx

Guest 69R2Kfairlady

to turbo it you have to get a heavy duty head gasket, forged pistons, and prolly forged valves and a forged crank..... Id venture to say that the forged crank would be a must since its an inline 6 and they are sorta long....

The 7mgte and 7mge heads are identical expect for the cams. The 7mgte block has oil squirters and lower c/r pistons. The n/a trans is alot weaker than the turbo trans (r154) but either will bolt to either motor. Used R154's can range fron $200-$400. The R154 also uses a different flywheel and clutch setup, stock they are good for 400rwhp/rwtq though. You will need the driveshaft for whatever trans too. You are better off with a crashed turbo supra. You can get them from local insurance auctions for cheap. I got one for $500. A metal headgasket head gasket will eventually be needed too. Other than that they are easily good for 600 rwhp on a stock bottom end. You can use the 7mgte coil pack with MSII and EDIS, that's what I'm in the middle of swapping over to on mine.