HybridZ

Opinions of plenum paint

I am going for that factory look I see on some later model cars. What do you all think? I painted it a light metallic silver and put 4 layers of 500 degree engine clear coat on it. I took my dremel and grinded the screws rust off and installed the screws and then applied a couple extra layers of clear directly to the screws.

plenumdetail.JPG

I am going to do the valve covers, timing covers, and air intake pipes the same way, silver then clear it about 3 or 4 times. Can someone tell me if I take these other covers off if I can reuse the gaskets (rubber) or will I have to replace them (other than rubber)? I thought the rubber ones you could clean and reuse. Thanks.

plenumgeneral.JPG

My overall goal is to paint the engine parts in the silver with clear coats, surrounding bay area flat black and use either red or yellow accents but probably not both. I want the engine to stand out, I think flat black does that best.

It looks great. Beware though, I used a U-POL premium automotive clearcoat on some plastic covers on my C6 under the hood, and dirt has embedded itself in the clearcoat. Hopefully, your clear will be better.

2272864_11_full.jpg

Here is the latest update on my efforts, I took off my top timing cover and found a Napa timing belt that looked rather new so that was something to be happy about with over 250,000 miles.

I also stopped by the junkyard and found another spoiler to replace the wing that came with it when I bought it.

2272864_10_full.jpg

I only have the interior engine bay left to finish painting flat black, and I decided to paint my valve covers yellow and clear coat them. I am trying to find some yellow sparkplug wires like I seen on another Z owners car. So far this has been a lot of fun. My kids love the car.

[img'] I am trying to find some yellow sparkplug wires like I seen on another Z owners car. So far this has been a lot of fun. My kids love the car.

Glad you are having fun ! The yellow wires you have seen on VG30's are Accel 8.8's. Summit had them in stock when I bought mine.

Jason