HybridZ

Just got back from the track!!!

blake culp

I just got back from the track today for the first time since the major overhaul of my zx. I havnt had a chance to scan all my slips yet but the run down of my best time is

r/t .515

60' 2.238

330 5.865

1/8 8.736

mph 84.61

1000 11.245

1/4 13.319

mph 108.45

I ran a few 13.5's and one 13.4 and then the one 13.3 listed above. I was pretty pleased with the motor/turbo/megasquirt, but my clutch was starting to slip from the first pass i made. It obviously wasnt too bad, but i could definately notice it slipping on the second to third and third to fourth shift where it would slowly grab from 6000rpm down to 5200rpm. I really need to work on my launch, i kept bogging it. Not once did i roast my tires on the launch....with a good launch and a new clutch i think 12's are in reach. This was done on the setup listed in my signature running about 190kpa, so thats about 13.5psi of boost by my calculator. The car weighed in at 2800lbs without me, i weigh 155.

Also, you all have any clutch recommendations?

I just got back from the track today for the first time since the major overhaul of my zx. I havnt had a chance to scan all my slips yet but the run down of my best time is

r/t .515

60' 2.238

330 5.865

1/8 8.736

mph 84.61

1000 11.245

1/4 13.319

mph 108.45

I ran a few 13.5's and one 13.4 and then the one 13.3 listed above. I was pretty pleased with the motor/turbo/megasquirt' date=' but my clutch was starting to slip from the first pass i made. It obviously wasnt too bad, but i could definately notice it slipping on the second to third and third to fourth shift where it would slowly grab from 6000rpm down to 5200rpm. I really need to work on my launch, i kept bogging it. Not once did i roast my tires on the launch....with a good launch and a new clutch i think 12's are in reach. This was done on the setup listed in my signature running about 190kpa, so thats about 13.5psi of boost by my calculator. The car weighed in at 2800lbs without me, i weigh 155.

Also, you all have any clutch recommendations?[/quote']

I'd recommend an ACT clutch. You won't be disappointed in it.

Congrats on making it to the track. Getting a base line like you have done gives you somewhere to start from. Enjoy you hard work!!

Blake,

AWESOME times. Let's see some pics of your setup.

You ran within a hundreth of a second of my last and only track time. We have very similar setups and I hope we both see high 12's sometime soon.

I second Prox on the ACT Street clutch.