HybridZ

Source for CobraR knock offs and other Nissan wheels...

Check out American Eagle Wheels...

They have a Cobra "R" "replica" with slightly different specs.

from American Eagle Wheel. It is also 17" X 9" with a 5 7/8"

backspace

and a +23 mm offset. It weighs in at 24 lb., and is available in

silver, polished, or chromed. If

you

want to look at this particular wheel, click on WWW.AMERICANEAGLEWHEEL.COM

and then click on FWD/ +OFFSET along the bottom of the page and then it

is

style #168.

I also checked and they do have some nice looking front driver and SUV wheels in the Nissan 4.5inch four lug pattern....

Interesting thing about thwe Cobra Knock off, it has the same specs as the speedware wheel, and some of the other popular cobra R wheels!

Mike

------------------

http://hometown.aol.com/dat74z/myhomepage/auto.html

"I will not be a spectator in the sport of life!"

mjk

Guest Anonymous

I know that this is a stupid question but I must ask.

Is zero offset the same for all wheels? I mean, do front wheel drive and rear wheel drive wheels both specify zero offset as the exact middle of the width? Or is that the correct definition in the first place?

I have seen so much going back and forth about wheels lately that I can't seem to grasp it all. I am interested, just not educated.

Craig

To answer IdealZ's question, yes, 0 offset translates to the mounting surface being dead center of the width of the rim.

To respond to the Mikelly's original topic - I followed that link and AR does truly have some cool-ass rims. Trouble is that for us 4 lug fools, they have only small widths and or diameters. It's a shame.

I have recently further entrenched myself into the 4 lug realm by upgrading to the 84, 300zx rotors and 280zx calipers. I guess I am doomed to have to resort to a spacer when my (14 inch) tires finally endup completely bald.

(I keep on trying to mentally justify each upgrade as a sort of "virtual car payment", but they keep getting incrementally (more like logorythmically (sp?)) more expensive and it gets harder to justify spending all this money that I don't actually have. VISA really likes me)

Guest Anonymous

jeromio; thanks for the clarification. I was 95% sure that was the case but wanted to up that percentage.

Yes, it is depressing as to how limited our wheel choice is with 4 lugs. Makes me want to go to 5 lug even more.

Craig

Guest Anonymous

cobra wheels are 17x8, cobra r are 17x9.

The 99-00 cobra wheels are +30 offset and weigh around 22 lb or so, very light considering their price($150 for cobra, $200 for cobra R).

Carefull with the copycat wheels, they are usually inferior quality to the real ford stuff. I have a spare 99-00 cobra wheel if anyone needs one smile.gif

------------------

Morgan

http://z31.com/~morgan/s30

http://carfiche.com

They are 24# and 9 inches wide. The factory CobraR and the aftermarket copies are close in their sizing and weight as well. 24# for a 17X9 is not bad at all! They are also known to be very durable!

Mike

------------------

http://hometown.aol.com/dat74z/myhomepage/auto.html

"I will not be a spectator in the sport of life!"

mjk

I've been looking at this wheel myself, I know lot's of Mustang guys and there's a FORD set with tires sitting at my friend's shop now for about a grand. However I'm just not sure if I'll like the look once it's on the car. I plan to get switched the 5lug and then borrow a wheel to see how it looks smile.gif Mike, if you get to this point before I do please shoot some pics! I'm dying to know if it'll look decent. Lot's of 5lug wheels ou there and the RX7 board has them used constantly!